The Visitor

Felix Alexander's POV

I see her go out of my sight as the elevator's doors shut. I wanted to ask her at first regarding her plans and where she was going, however I was thankfully stopped by my own righteous heart.

She has already lived for so long in a controlling and abusive relationship where her boyfriend asked her about her whereabouts almost every other hour and there is no way that I want to remind her of that painful situation. Even though, I only wanted to know out of concern, it is still not right for me to interfere in her personal matters. If she had the wish to tell me, she would've done it. She did not, which means that it was quite personal and I am supposed to stay out of it.

The entire household is asleep, which means that I am lacking company. A shower would be good, won't it? For at least 20 minutes, my mind will be preoccupied. I could take it farther to 30 minutes too perhaps. Maybe, I should just use that new peach body scrub that I got from the store a few days back. Plus, today's morning was quite tiring too. It'll help me wash up and also keep my mind and body busy.

In front of my bedroom's full-length mirror, I stare at my torso. There is not much of a positive effect on my fading abs... Am I a child? For heaven's sake! One day of proper workout doesn't have any effect on the body and your deteriorating physique!

Even my trainer was quick to tell me that I had lost weight and due to lack of exercise, my abs were also affected.

From my abs, my eyes travel towards my face. What a wreck! No wonder, Esme clearly asked me that if I have started taking drugs or something. I do look like a shady drug peddler with such messed up hair and a beard, that I can only describe as 'strange and irregular'. Anyways, I'll see for the beard later, maybe trim it on a few places but the smuggler hairstyle has gotta go.

"Alan, hey! I need an appointment"

---

Alan's a common friend of mine and Bryce's, thus it's not surprising to see him relaxing and having a facial at the salon as well.

We are sitting side by side. While a barber is getting ready to give me a haircut, Bryce is enjoying his relaxing facial massage. He seems at peace.

"You know, I still find the cucumbers to be more useful when they are in my mouth and not on my eyes" Bryce tells me happily.

"Sir! Please not again. This is your third pair" the poor employee groans. He looks at me and almost complains "He ate the last two pairs. I just went to get a facial cream and returned to find him munching on the cucumber slices".

"That's bad, Bryce. You shouldn't tease the man that way" my words make him laugh.

"Come on, I have a quick stomach. I need to feed it something every few hours"

"Let me correct that for you. Every hour" I add to what he stated.

"Okay, okay. No more eating of beauty products. How about you concentrate on becoming a gentleman again, while I do some snoring" Bryce rests his arms on his belly and supposedly goes for a little nap.

"It has been so long since you came, Sir" the barber comments "What should I do for you, then?".

"Trim the sides. The undercut is what I prefer. Let the top be a little longer than usual. I wanna see how that looks" I honestly didn't have a particular look in my mind, so I guess this one would incorporate my old look as well as add something new to it.

---

When he's done, I see the new or should I say, a bit of an old me in the mirror again.

The hair are no longer a mess. They are slightly longer from the top, like I wanted. I am looking the same as I assumed I would. Which is pretty sophisticated and handsome.