Social Butterfly

Felix Alexander's POV

Dr. Hirata and I heard Gwyneth pretty well and now we shall be running all the basic tests on her.

"Viral infection, gastroenteritis and all" I repeat our decided tests. Hirata nods and hands over the list to our nurse, who leaves to get the tests done.

"I am heading for a cup of coffee. You want to get one or not?" she asks to my astonishment.

"Why me of all people?" I can't believe I said that out loud.

"Why not you of all people?" she raises her delicate eyebrow, which makes my breathing irregular.

"The thing is, at this hour, either you are free or perhaps some other senior bore is free. I am honestly having a bad headache and don't wish to hear their stupid banter, or worse, their attempts at flirting" she rolls her eyes.

I chuckle "And you think that I'd be quiet and not try to flirt with you?" how amusing.

"Do you want coffee or not?" her words seem final.

"Well, lead the way"

---

Hospital's cafeteria is surprisingly empty. A rare sight. After getting a big cup coffee, we take a small table for two at the far end corner of the café. Maybe she likes sitting in lonely corners. Me and my crew are more of a centre table kind of people.

Keeping in mind what she said before, I don't strike a conversation. Instead, I keep drinking the coffee (making sure that I don't make even the slightest of sipping sound).

"Tell me what you like about this job? The fact that you help people or the good money that you are and will earn" a surprising question from her side.

"I honestly thought you didn't want a sound around you" I ask first. A smile plays on the edge of her mouth.

"I have never had someone who didn't start a conversation with me while being seated beside me" she confesses.

"You said you wanted quiet and peace, so I found it prudent to be silent" I innocently say.

"Answer my question, since I have asked it now" an impatient Dr. Hirata asks.

"I like helping and taking care of people and the fact that I get paid for it is no less than a dream" I reply.

That smile is on the edge of her lips again, but she's not yet giving it to me.

"A very well-thought answer" she says.

I shrug and keep up with my coffee.

"Tell me what you think or thought about me. A line, three words? Three words sounds nice" and she leans back in her chair with arms crossed across her chest, as if though awaiting something interesting to come out of my mouth.

Don't spill the coffee that's in your mouth! Yes... yes, just take it in!

As shocked as I am that she has asked me this question, I am doing my best not to give a hint of it. Three words, huh? Just three words for her. What do I think about her?

"Let me guess... 'intimidating' must be your first word" she laughs sarcastically.

"That was nowhere near my first or second word. Third... maybe?"

I have every bit of her attention now.

"You're ambitious" This is my first word.

"You're so focused on what you want, that sometimes I feel that you'd go to any lengths to achieve your target. Your passionate ambition is what makes you successful, but also drives you insane and there's my second word... passionate"