The Run

Felix Alexander's POV

I step out of the car. For a second, the cold wind brings the freedom to me, but soon enough I feel the gun placed against my side.

"Don't even try to run" the goon warns me, before holding my arm tightly and making me walk.

"There's a detector" one of the goons points out the metal detector outside the Hotel entrance.

Yes! If they want to get in, they'd need to leave the weapons out here. I can then find a chance to escape with Sienna.

The Boss murmurs something to two of his men, who nod obediently and walk off towards the entrance.

They are having a chat with the guards standing outside... and now they're having something like an exchange going on?

The goons motion the rest of us to come forth.

"There is nothing that money can't buy" Boss especially gives me an evil smile and a hard pat on the shoulder.

The guards let all of us cross from the side. We do not go through the metal detector. Inside the hotel lobby, I hardly have a moment to inspect my surroundings to search for any type of sudden distraction, exit or best... a cop or just anyone with a gun. There's no one of such sort. Which means, no help at all.

We stop, facing the receptionist. "Welcome to Hotel Crescent Heights. How may I be of service, Sir?" she says her well-practiced sentence.

"I booked a room here. By the name of Felix Alexander. It was for my... Father" God! I hate ever using this word for him. A first time in my entire life.

She goes through her computer system and in a second, she passes me a dazzling smile.

"Yes, Sir. The room is 345 and was booked yesterday" and now she waits for further information from my side.

I steal a glance at Sienna, who stands beside me with pursed lips and face, empty of any emotion.

"I... Is he still here or has he checked out?" I ask unsurely.

She blinks a few times. She's surely thinking that what kind of a son am I, who doesn't even know such trivial things regarding his Father.

"Actually, we're surprising him!" the Boss speaks in an enthusiastic tone, while placing his arm around my shoulder in a very dangerous and warning manner.

"We are Finn's friends and are going to see him so long after College. Felix brought us here so that we could surprise him" he finishes.

The receptionist doesn't look convinced. She looks in between me and the Boss. Please, call the cops! Call the damned cops. I try to plead to her with my eyes.

"The room's on the 4th floor, Sir. Mr. Alexander called fifteen minutes ago. He asked us to keep the paperwork ready, since he's leaving in half an hour. He was booked for one night but he decided to extend his stay this morning. Since, he's not checked out yet, he is perhaps in his room. I would suggest you give him a call"

"Yeah, we'd do that. Thank you!" The Boss states.

"Um, Sir. We need your IDs before we let you in further" she stops us as we almost turn to go ahead.

"We're just coming back, Lady. We're just picking up our old friend and leaving. He actually might just be coming down the elevator. Who knows?" The Boss laughs.

Please, stop them. Stop them. Stop us.

But the receptionist doesn't do it and let's us all walk away.