Escape The Era

Felix Alexander's POV

Sleepless nights are all that I have been experiencing from a while now... my unshaved face, messed up hair and of course, the constant desire to do nothing and just lay sprawled over my bed! While all of my friends went to their respective homes in these two week vacations; I stayed back.

A text from Bryce:
"Bro! Wanna hang? Goin to a lit club tonight"

Nah, not my scene.

Instead of giving him a polite reply, that explains my refusal, I leave him on 'read' and get in the shower. Savage Felix.

These past 11 days have passed for me in weird ways. Some days passed away in a blur; the others were the ones when the hands of the clock didn't seem to move any longer. I could have been home, with my Mom and spent my vacations in a nice manner, however, I lied to her that, I could not get a flight's booking done. There were no flights free.
The poor woman also didn't look up to make sure that it was true, because she trusts me. I am really bad son. It's disgusting.

I come out of the shower, only to hear the doorbell ring. Oof? I hate guests... and even my roommates. Has one of them returned?

I open up and find a woman with a smug expression, holding a cardboard box in her arms.

"What are you doing here?" I ask the woman in question.

"Moving in, of course... and couldn't you put something more suitable on?" she eyes me up and down.

"More like, 'couldn't I put just something on?'" I refer to my naked torso.

"Get away now" Aurora Emery pushes past me and places the box on the kitchen island. When she shakes her arms after getting rid of it, I realise that it was pretty heavy, and that I was not at all a gentleman to her. I should have offered her a hand.

Quickly, I go inside my room to put a t-shirt on and run back outside, only to find myself alone.

I rush outside the apartment, but she is not even in the hallway. I didn't take an eternity to put on a shirt, so did the ground engulf her? Or the heavens lifted her up?

"Dumbo, here!" her voice comes from behind me. She is standing by the doorframe.

"Thought you were gone" I gulp.

"I will leave now, need to get the rest of my things from my car. I was checking the room out. The walls are all insanely golden. Who does that?" she grunts.

I shrug. Farley, perhaps? The owner of the apartment.

"Alright, lemme help ya" I say. She doesn't say anything further. I follow her into the elevator.

---

"Right there" she points towards the edge of the bed and I place the last of her boxes over there. This woman is super organised! Named all the boxes and put all her things according to a category. This last one states 'Toiletries'.

"Need help with other stuff?" I ask.

"The furniture will be here tomorrow, the professionals will shift it. It's not much to be honest, though" she answers, with her hands on her waist.

I go out and return with a tissue paper for her to wipe her sweat with. She finally passes me a smile and takes it.

"Thanks for the help, Felix"

"Nah, it's okay. It was fun. I have been skipping gym time, ever since the vacations started, so its good that I did some weight lifting" I throw a crooked smile in her direction. Wow! It feels weird doing that. How long has it been since I smiled at all?