Pleasure

Felix Alexander's POV

"Your intern called this morning, Dr. Alexander. She has taken a sick leave for today" the receptionist informs me as soon as I am inside the Hospital.

"Did she mention what happened?" Physically, Esme looked fine yesterday, but mentally, she was definitely disturbed.

"She said she had fever and felt nauseous" the receptionist adds.

I thank her and leave. I had decided to ask her today about what happened and why was she so panicked yesterday, but what now?

---

In a couple of hours, I am done visiting both the patients that Esme was handling. They are perfectly fine, and in fact more worried than I am about Esme's sudden absence. I had texted her, but she never replied.

Giving her a call seems way to desperate. I am looking out for her, but if she was actually sick, then calling her will only act as a nuisance. It's a weekend now. I will see her on Monday and it will be fine. She will be fine.

---

As soon as the clock strikes 6, I am out. Sienna has a night shift and she leaves at 6:30. I might only have a few minutes with her, alone. Aurora, Jackie and Elijah are carpooling in Aurora's car, while I came on my bike. I can make it home before them. I need to see my girlfriend.

Oh goodness! 'Girlfriend' for Sienna, just feels unreal.

We became official last night and the entire night, I kept tossing and turning, smiling from ear to ear, because I was finally her boyfriend and she was my girlfriend. I need to stop saying 'girlfriend' or it may start sounding like a foreign word to me.

It is so unfortunate, that she has a night-shift the entire week ahead and the time I am done with my work, is the time she starts with hers. It's like Edenbrook is plotting against us now.

I am lucky as I don't encounter much traffic today and in a record time of twelve minutes, I have parked my bike in our building's parking lot and I'm rushing inside the elevator.

---

Upon entering the apartment, I am almost about to turn left and knock on her room's door, but find her standing next to the kitchen countertop with a glass of juice in hand.

"Felix, you're home so quick! Hey!" her face lights up as she sees me. Her hair are tied in a loose ponytail, because I know she must've dried them not long ago and they are still semi-wet. She's dressed in a powder blue frock that reaches her knees.

"Hey. Couldn't lose the chance of running into you" I reply, suddenly feeling insanely breathless.

She blushes and shyly offers "That's sweet of you, Dr. Alexander, but you look super tired. Want to have some mango smoothie? I made it from fresh mangoes. There's a jug full for you guys in the fridge" she points towards the fridge.

"I just wanna kiss you right now, that's all" I shake my head, smiling like crazy at her, while she flirtatiously licks her lips and places her glass of smoothie on the countertop.

"Well, you did put in so much effort by running to me, so..." and she raises her eyebrow at me naughtily.

I get the hint and in an instant, I press my mouth against her. The relief and passion that washes over me at the same time, is just indescribable. I rest my right hand behind her neck to pull her even closer to me, while the left one traces a path, up and down her back. She moans with delight as I hold her from the waist.

Her nails dig into the sensitive skin of my neck and her lips are like fire against mine.

"I'm sorry if I smell like sanitizer or surface cleaner" I say, catching my breath.