fifty-two

I figured that since Jaeho is one of the most loved characters in this book, I should give you all an idea of what he looks like.
⬆︎ So there he is ⬆︎

Taehyung felt his whole body tremble when his eyes looked up to see his mother who was staring right back at him.

Jungkook was grateful to see that Lena simply looked confused rather than disgusted. But he also knew that she was probably more suspicious of the both of them, now more than ever.

Jaeho on the other hand was freaking out for the kids. But only with his eyes, so that he didn't make it obvious.

"H-Hey kids." Jaeho greeted them as normally as he could. On the inside he was sweating bullets and feeling nauseous.

Taehyung's face showed the exact same reaction. A differ between fear and trying his best to look and sound normal. "Hiiii Jaeho!"

In a way, Taehyung was just making everything more evident that they had done something wrong.

He started doing things he would normally not do and his voice was shaky and all over the place.

Taehyung walked, or more accurately wobbled over to Jaeho and gave him a big hug that he collapsed into.

And while Taehyung and Jaeho tried their best to not seem suspicious, Jungkook and Lena were eyeing each other.

The two didn't like one another at all, if you couldn't already tell.

The way that Lena treated Jungkook was completely different from the way Jaeho treated Taehyung.

Jaeho had always been kind to Taehyung but after finding out about his son and Taehyung, he welcomed Taehyung in with open arms, already considering him as his son. They had a close bond and got along very well.

As to where, Lena wanted nothing to do with Jungkook but what made her the most angry, was that Jungkook only ever wanted to be around Taehyung.

She could tell something about the two was too strange. It wasn't "natural" and was disturbing to her. She already knew Jungkook's feelings for her son but didn't feel the need to separate them yet.

After all, its not like Taehyung would ever reciprocate Jungkook's feelings, right?

Jungkook broke eye contact with Lena and saw how Jaeho and Taehyung were pretty much frozen in place. He decided to break the silence, "So where were you guys all night?"

"Why don't you answer that questions yourself?" Lena backfired shooting Jungkook dirty looks.

Taehyung heard the boldness in his mother's tone and looked up from the hug between him and Jaeho, to see how his mother stared at Jungkook. She looked like she hated him.

"Well since you couldn't be here for your son's birthday, I took him out instead. To celebrate." Jungkook replied unbothered.

The tension between them was thickening more and more and now even Jaeho and Taehyung could detect it.

Lena scoffed and rolled her eyes at Jungkook's comment. "Your dad is the reason I didn't make it on time."

A cocky smile was visible on Jungkook's face. Knowing that he was the real reason she couldn't make it. "Still, you should've tried harder to be here for your kid. But don't feel too bad, Lena. I showed him a really good time."

"How much of a good time?" Lena asked with a dead cold stare.

Jungkook saw the pleading look on Taehyung face. He sighed in defeat and decided to stop hinting what was fairly obvious at this point. "What happened to the car? It wasn't in the driveway."