forty-two

A few days later...

Lena grabbed her coat from the hook on her door and put it on. She was about to grab her suitcase but then Jaeho took it before she could.

He smiled at her, "I got it, sweetie. I'll go put it in the car, alright?"

She nodded and thanked him and walked over into the living room, where Taehyung and Jungkook were sitting at the dining table, playing uno and laughing.

She cleared her throat to make her presence noticeable. Taehyung and Jungkook looked over at Lena as she pulled out a chair to sit with them.

She sighed sadly and played with Taehyung's hair, because he was sitting next to her. "I'm sorry that we can't take you guys with us. Jungkook has never met our family back in Korea."

Jungkook nodded not really interested in anything that Lena had to say. "Maybe next time."

Taehyung stared at Jungkook confused once he heard the sass in his voice.

Lena looked over at Taehyung and smacked both of her hands onto his face and squished his face, "I'm going to miss you, Taetae! Is there anything you want for Christmas that I can get you back in Korea?"

Taehyung giggled and removed his mom's hands from his face. "Not really. There's nothing I want that I can think of off the top of my head."

"Mmm." Lena replied thinking. "And... While we're over there... would you be okay if I went to meet up with Kirami?"

Taehyung's face expression changed instantly as soon as he heard the name. He forced a smile and looked up at his mom, "Yeah mom, just go have some fun while you're there."

Jungkook noticed this and stared at Taehyung concerned.

Lena hugged Taehyung from the side and kissed his head, "Thank you. Well then, I guess I'll get going now. Bye Taetae, love you."

Taehyung replied back with a blank expression, "Love you too, mom. Bye."

Jaeho came back into the house panting from stuffing the car with suitcases. He went over to Taehyung and Jungkook kissing both of the top of their heads and waved them goodbye.

"Bye bye, kids! I love you, be good!" He said sternly giving Jungkook a look.

They both nodded their heads trying their best to hold their laugh.

Lena and Jaeho walked out the door and bid their goodbyes to Jungkook and Taehyung.

Once the door was closed behind them, both boys rushed over to the couches where there was a window covered by curtains. They wanted to make sure that they were leaving leaving.

As soon as they saw that they had left, Jungkook pounced on Taehyung, crushing him with his huge muscular body.

"I'm so happy that we're together for Christmas. Not gonna lie, I was so scared that you're mom would decide to take you to Korea and we wouldn't get to be together for the holidays." Jungkook said stuffing his face in the crook of Taehyung's neck.

Taehyung could feel Jungkook's smile against his skin. He wrapped his arms around Jungkook's neck, "Well I'm here with you, Kookie."

Jungkook took his face out of Taehyung's neck and stared into his eyes, "Who's Kirami by the way?"

"Uhmm..." Taehyung looked uneasy. He made it very obvious that he didn't want to answer Jungkook.

Jungkook's face was completely stern, "Taehyung, don't do that thing. C'mon it's me."

Taehyung sighed and nodded his head, "Kirami is Yuta's mother. Her and my mom were friends when I was in middle school."

Jungkook instantly shot up from being on top of Taehyung, "What?! Why the fuck-"

"She doesn't know! She doesn't know about what happened. The only thing I told her when I came back home was that we all got into a fight and never said anymore than that." He said stressed out.

Jungkook looked down ashamed in himself for making Taehyung revisit bad memories.

He pulled Taehyung in hugging him with a tight embrace. "Baby, I'm sorry. Why didn't you ever tell your mom?"

Taehyung huffed annoyed. He puffed up his cheeks trying to stop the tears that were filling his eyes.

Jungkook laughed at the sight while blushing because even though Taehyung looked funny he also looked adorable. "Tell me."

Taehyung got mad once he felt his eyes burning with tears, "Because! I don't want her to feel guilty about what happened. I would feel terrible if... she blamed herself for what happened to me, I know she wouldn't be able to cope with it."

Jungkook cupped Taehyung face and kissed the tip of his nose, "I love you so much for who you are."

Taehyung's eyes were still welled with tears and he made an angry face scrunching his nose, trying his best to hold in his tears.

Jungkook laughed at Taehyung. "Let's grab some snacks."

Taehyung instantly got up from the couch, "Yes!"

Jungkook back hugged him as they penguin-walked to the kitchen.

to be continued...

pls don't forget to vote!