Chapter 30: "I Don't Want To Leave Your Room"

(give this song a try. I am just obsessed with this one ^^)

Lia's POV:-

I watch in confusion at the shut door.

"What happened Luke?" I hear Jane's voice.

Oh my GOD!!

"Mom, you can't come inside" I hear Luke say.

"Why?"

"Because.. it's umm.. dirty." I hear a short laugh.

"Yeah, and I love Kim Kardarshian" she sasses. I smile as I can literally see her rolling her eyes at Luke.

"Luke, I have never seen your room dirty. Hell, I even had you checked for OCD as a kid."

"Really?" Luke asks in disbelief.

"Well almost checked" Jane admits. "You were a surprisingly ordered child!"

"Mom, I will bring you your phone as soon as I am done ok?"

"Alright, but why can't I come inside?"

"Because it's my room" Luke retorts.

"Jeez, teenagers and their privacy these days. Fine I'm going" she sighs. "Oh wait! Is it because you got porn in there?"

"Mom?!" Luke exclaims.

"Honey, it's ok. I understand you must-"

"No, no" he interrupts. "Stop assuming stuff. I just don't want-"

"Oh! Is it cuz you got pot? No, that's not how you say it" she laughs on her stupidity, "Are you going to do pot? Or do you kids call it weed these days?"

"Jesus Christ! What are you saying?" Luke sounded appalled. I silently chuckle to myself. What wouldn't I give to watch this conversation live.

"Just be careful sweetie. I don't want you to overdose-"

"Okay mom" Luke quickly gets inside and closes the door behind him. He bangs his head on the door as he looks at heavens for comfort.

"Any chance you did not hear any of that?" he asks looking at me. I open my mouth to answer but-

"I will keep the ambulance on speed dial.. Just in case" we hear Jane's faint voice, indirectly answering Luke's question.

"I did not hear anything" I say as seriously as I could manage.

Luke shakes his head at me though there is a hint of smile on his face as he puts a phone on his desk. I am sitting on the hand rest of the couch as I watch him going to his shelf looking through his books.

"Aren't you gonna ask me why I'm here?"

"Do I wanna to know?" he asks still scanning through his books. He takes out a thick book and skims through the pages.

"I would give you an answer, if I knew what I was doing here. But I myself don't know why I am here" I  admit quietly.

Luke looks at me closing his book. His face is impassive, as he walk towards his cupboard.

"I did not want to stay with Julian cause I knew he would want to talk and I don't want to" I continue talking as Luke comes towards me with a quilt. "I don't know anyone else here" he takes my hand and sits me on the couch.

"Your place was the first thing that came into my mind, so I just came to your place" I keep ranting as Luke carefully bundled me in the blanket. "I am sorry, I should have checked with you. It was-"