Chapter 19: 'Platonic'.. I Don't Think I've Ever Loathed A Word So Much

Luke's POV:-

This is not me....

I never get outside my circle. The only people I talk to, well interact on a daily basis is Max, Alex, Ian, Dylan and of course my parents. It has always been like that. I like my peace.

I am lost in my thoughts as I ring the bell to her house. She was not okay with Max going and I could tell it. That's why I have decided to check on her.

The door opens revealing a very adorable Lia in a baggy hoodie and pajama shorts. Her eyebrows shoot in surprise on seeing me.

"Well well well, I told the hooker company to send me their best guy. I must say I am not dissapointed" she says playfully leaning against the door frame.

"At your service madam" I bow and move past her into the house.

What? She fucking broke into my room. Don't expect me to ask for permission.

I hear the door close as I am in the drawing room. She is watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine re-runs. Damn, I love this show but I always liked mystery and horror better.

"Should I start by stripping at this table" I ask her as she stands behind the sofa.

"What!" her face becomes a little red.

"You are imagining me aren't you" I smirk as I sit on the sofa making myself comfortable.

"No way" she scoffs, pulling on her hoodie's neck as she also joins me. I watch as Jake Peralta breaks open a door.

"How come you are here?" a small voice asks beside me.

"You were all alone and I just wanted to check on you, cuz you are obviously not ok" I say turning my head towards her.

"I am perfectly fine" she stubbornly replies. I sigh.

"Lia.."

She has a sad expression.

"I need water. Should I get you a glass?" she says standing up.

"No, thank you" I reply. She goes to the kitchen and I turn back to the tv. I guess it's best not to push her.

"Jake always cracks me up" she says returning and sitting a little away from me in a stiff position.

I don't like it so I do the most obvious thing. I put my arms on her waist and pull her close so that our sides are touching. I put an arm around her shoulders as I return my focus back to the show. She stiffens further but soon she relaxes. She moves around a bit getting comfortable and leans her head on my shoulder.

Better....

........................

"And so, I never eat pineapple pizza" Lia finishes the story wiping her hands on a napkin. I am laughing at her as she told me an incident. I rarely laugh but this girl is just....

"Now, don't you tell anybody ok?" she playfully glares at me.

I nod as I finish my pizza. We both got hungry and ended up ordering food.

Her phone rings. She gets up. "It's Max. Excuse me" she says going towards the stairs.

I clear the table and take all the boxes and plates to the kitchen. I throw the boxes and wash my hands. I go to the fridge and drink some water, taking the bottle with me for Lia.

She returns to the drawing room, putting the phone in her pocket. She puts on a fake smile on seeing me. I keep the bottle on table and go to her.

"Would you tell me, why all of this is bothering you so much" I ask taking her hands and rubbing them.