Chapter 41: "Do You Have Any Clean Underwear?"

Lia's POV:-

"Do you have any clean underwear?"

I turn around bewildered.

"Julian you can't possibly wear my underwear."

"Hmm.. Right" Julian nods sadly. "Your kitty's too small and my junk is too big."

"Yeah cause that's the only problem" I snap sarcastically.

"Anyway, let's go for breakfast" he says taking my hand. I close my chapstick with one hand and toss it on the bed, going with Julian. Breakfast was on the top floor. During our stay we get five complementary meals. So some days we ate here, some days we went outside.

"There, go enjoy" Julian leaves me at the door.

"What?"

"Well I did my duty as a loyal friend, and accompanied you till breakfast, now go eat" he gives me a little push.

"Where are you going?"

"I, and some others, already ate" he answers.

"Then why did you come?"

"To escort you. Jeez, how about a thank you?"

"Julian" I give him a suspicious look.

"Fine, I wanted one more sandwich" he admits. I first give him a good smack then get him one.

"Good Morning Wright" I slip on the chair next to Luke. To my horror, I find Coach sitting on the same table, that too in front of us. We both simultaneously make eye-contact. "G-Good Morn-ing Sir" I give a scared smile. He nods at me and goes back to eating again. Luke was silently chewing a piece of bacon, enjoying my discomfort.

"How come, only you are here?" I shift to face him more.

"Because I can hold my hunger long enough, to take a shower." I want to mutter, 'Neat Freak'. He did look fresh though. His face still had that blush you get, after a hot shower and his hair looked wet. They had been combed back neatly.

"They don't look like they took a shower" I say lowly, signaling towards the table in front of us where some more of the team members were sitting.

Luke shakes his head, "They are the ones that came late to the morning workout. Coach made them do extra laps."

"You went to workout too?" I generously add more butter to my toast.

Luke nods sipping his juice. "But aren't you still hurt?" I ask in concern.

Luke scowls on remembering, "Yes, I could not do half the exercises. I hate it."

I smile sympathetically and place my over buttered toast on his plate. He gives a roguish smile and wolfs it down.

"Luke, who's that boy coming with his plate?"

"Him? That's Ted... Decent lad, good defender."

"Luke! That boy, Ted, he gives me really weird looks. I don't feel very good about it."

He frowns, "Ted? What look? Show me."

"I can't" I whisper furiously. "I feel really self-conscious when he's around" I tilt my head towards Coach, who was gobbling down his food at an alarming rate.

"Yes you can. Here, I'll hold up this plate."

So I give him my best imitation of Ted, bulging my eyes out and opening my mouth wide, staring at him like a sheep. Luke who was swallowing a bite of his sandwich coughed out a tiny piece of carrot.