Chapter 48: "Should I Also Hand Over The Hand-cuffs Hooked Around My Panties?"

Lia's POV:-

"Excuse me! My boyfriend over here ordered Caramel latte, this is Caramel macchiato."

"Sorry mam, we'll replace it," the waiter hurriedly takes away Luke's drink.

"I really didn't mind," Luke shrugs.

"Just because you can't shout out waiter loudly, doesn't mean you have to drink the wrong drink," I gently pull his ears. He gives me a shy smile. 

We were waiting for Ivy to show up. I know, you guys must be thinking, oh hell Lia will roast her alive, but I can act civil and put up a façade that I like her. She had asked to meet Luke because she wanted to borrow a book. Luke had asked me to tag along, even though I didn't want to because afterwards he wanted to take me somewhere.

What I don't understand is why someone wants to meet for a coffee just to borrow a book. Luke told me, "I'm rarely home and I don't usually pick her calls. So she meets with me to borrow some books, as well as clear many of her doubts."

I had just nodded along barely paying attention to what he was saying, heavily distracted by his new frame of glasses. They were some sort of silver, which made his green eyes look darker. Upon asking he said he always had two pairs, he just rarely used this one.

"Last night Julian made cookies, and put salt instead of sugar." 

"Neat," Luke mutters taking a sip from my ice-tea.

"He always puts lots of sugar, so you can imagine how terrifying they must have tasted," I sigh leaning my face against my hand. "Bitch acted like everything was okay, and offered me one. I can still feel my taste buds shivering in horror."

"Remind me never to eat food from your place... How do you drink this? This is just sweet water," he frowns pushing my ice-tea back to me.

"It's refreshing. You need to acquire an elite taste to appreciate things like these," I smile like a snob.

"Uhmm.." he raises a brow while the waiter places his drink.

"Hey Luke!"

We both look at Ivy standing at our table. I get up and sit beside Luke offering her the seat in front of Luke. 

"Hello Ivy," Luke gives a clipped reply.

"I was thinking you'll be alone," she smiles glancing at me. "I think we've met once before?"

"Yes, I am Natalia. We have met."

"I am sorry, I must have forgotten," she bites her tongue.

"Oh that's alright. I also had forgotten you, until Luke mentioned today," I shrug, forcing the smile to stay on my face. Luke coughs into his fist. I kick his shin for laughing.

"Ivy, you need anything to drink?" Luke asks blankly once he stops coughing.

"Yes, I am thirsty. Excuse me," she gracefully raises her hand like a lady, calling for the waiter. She was wearing shorts and a pastel pink frilled shirt. I was wearing a loose t-shirt that said 'California Gurls' with a Katy Perry in pink wig, floating on cotton candy. I had thrown it hastily over my yoga pants, since I was taking a nap and Luke had forced me to hurry. He didn't seem to mind and had happily lead me for coffee.

"Relax baby," Luke whispers sideways, covering my hands with his giving it a reassuring squeeze. I at some point had stiffened in my seat. I couldn't help feel insecure in front of her. Luke was wearing dark blue jeans and a red shirt with navy checks. Stand him and Ivy together, they look perfect. I shake my doubts away, scolding myself for entertaining such thoughts.