THE CEO'S SWEET LOVE 076

As soon as she had discover what happened from Director Ma, she called back her driver. Luckily the driver was 5 minutes away so she ran out of the Gallary and stood by the door until the driver arrived.

5 minutes later the car arrived as planned.  she rushed into her car, still dialing Zhou Jianyu's phone number.

After a few rings the Call connected.

"Hey babe, sorry for the delay. I had a business dinner so my phone was put in silent" he said sounding bright which made her relax a little.

"oh there's no need for the apology. I understand that you're busy with work"

"even though I can never be too busy for you. I always have time for my favorite girl"

Bai Zhenzhen knew him well enough that she could already tell the message that he was trying to send her with his laid-back teasing attitude.

She quickly adjusted her mannerisms, since he didn't want her worry. she would continue to act dumb to put him at ease. Not for long though, she wasn't about to lay back and let him shoulder everything. They were a team, they faced everything together.

"oh hush now you smooth talker"

"It isn't a lie Zhenzhen okay. I will always have time for you babe. I love you"

"I love you too Jianyu, you know that right. I will always have you back no matter what"

"I never doubted that my darling"

"uh that's right you said that you are at a business dinner. I hope I'm not disturbing you"

"no you aren't, we have already rounded up the  dinner"

"We?

"Yes I attended the meeting with the vice president Yao Chiyue. we actually just saw the other party offf"

"that's good, I hope the dinner went well"

"Yeah it did, we both came to a neutrally benefitial decision".

"You did well"

"thanks. it's already late so I will head back home"

"Then I wouldn't hold you any longer. I'll call you back in thirty minutes time"

"there's no need for that we can continue talking"

"no need Jianyu,  I got called away by someone. I will call you back. love you" she said and quickly hung up.

She didn't want to give him a chance to convince her otherwise. She had been checking the various news websites back home but still hadn't gotten a full view of the situation.

She would have to make a few calls to decide her next move and she couldn't do that if she was still on the phone with him.

Minutes later he drove into the entrance gates of Ouyang residence and packed his car at his usual spot.

It was almost 11pm, the maid must have withdrew for the day. He got out of the car, walked over to the front door and let himself in.

The house as expected was quite and vacant. he changed into his slippers and climbed up the stairs into his room.

"Little Yu your back, how was your business dinner" Zhou Mei said walking out to the hallway.

He had phoned late in the evening to inform her that he had a business dinner and would be coming home a bit later.

As soon as she heard that, She quickly  spoken with Director Wang to get the full gist of the situation. Zhou Jianyu like his father liked to keep things to himself. He would never let her know just how bad things were just to keep her from worrying.

"mum how come your still awake this late"

"I woke up suddenly and couldn't sleep again. I was reading a book to pass time, when I heard you drive"

"Oh that's right. Mum since your having trouble sleeping why don't we drink some warm milk. that usually helps me sleep"

"alright, I will go get me cost and join you"

"alright,you do that I'll make the milk" he replied and began walking down the stairs.

She rushed back to into her room and put on her house coat. As she walked out of the room she picked up a big brown envelope.

Zhou Jianyu had already prepared two glasses of milk by the time she arrived at the kitchen. He'd removed his suit jacket and tie. Which made her look more relaxed especially since he had unbuttoned the first two bottoms of his shirt.

"let me get us some cookies to go with the milk, I know where the cook keeps all the good stuff" 

she said walking over to the cupboard and brought out a glass plate while also skillfully placing the envelope so that it was out of sight.

She didn't want to give Zhou Jianyu a heads up of what she had been really up to this night.

She set down the plate and walked over to one of the many food cupboards in the kitchen, brought out a jar of cookies and poured out a few on the plate.

"So that's where the chef keeps the cookies. I had a really hard time finding them last time I was home"

"I had to hide it from your father. His quite addicted to sugary treats even now at his age. He always sneaks down here late at night to get some cookies since I pretty much banned all the other sugary treats"

"so that's why he had me ask the housekeeper for the cookie jar" he said grinning.

"Yep your father can be so childish at times. I wish you had seen the look on his face when he discovered that I had hidden the cookies and instructed the servants not to let him know where it was kept. It was like I stole christmas" she said laughing softly.

"oh now that I wish I saw. it would have been a suitable ammunition to use against him"

"Your father for all his faults could be really sweet if he wished to be that's why it really pains me to see him like that. Helpless and weak barely even breathing by himself"

"he will get better"

"Yes he will, your father is extremely sturbborn Jianyu. He isn't going to let this beat him. You got that from him, you have his strength and confidence. Sometimes I wish I could be as strong as the both of you "

"I don't know mum looking back at my childhood. I think you are the strongest of us all"

"Thanks little one. You always know the right words to say to lift my spirits. I'm so sorry Jianyu, I know that it's been tough for you to shoulder everything.

I spoke with Zhenzhen this afternoon and after the phone call I remembered that you guys are newly Weds. You should be planning your wedding banquet and not doing this.

I know about the company's present situation Jianyu. It isn't very ideal, there small talks that the shareholders are getting unsettled. Someone or someones it seams is turning them against us.

They're using your father's absence to riel up the shareholders. After some thoughts I decided to transfer some share over to you" she handed the envelope over to him.

"mum there's absolutely no need for this. I secured a better deal with GK group. I'm sure that once I let them know about it  the shareholders will relax"

"Jianyu you and I both know that this isn't true. The shareholders are already behind whoever that is. You should be able to guess who that is"

"Alright I'll accept it but once this is settled I will return them back to you"

"alright that's fine by me"