THE CEO'S SWEET LOVE 028

"Mei'er I understand your concern however It isn't good to live in the past or judge someone based on another's behavior. I believe that if you look at Zhenzhen with clear eyes you will see that she is very sincere" Old madam Ouyang said softly. She may have stepped back from everything but that doesn't necessarily mean that she wasn't attentive at all. She had long been aware of Her grandson Zhou Jianyu's relationship with Bai Zhenzhen since the beginning a year ago thanks to Aunty Mu. She had been against it in the beginning but after some thoughts she decided to look more closely at Bai Zhenzhen before making a decision. She had her assistant investigate her history and after reading through the report by she had been satisfied with the results. She had always known to judge one from their actions done out if sight than those done in sight. This Su Lixue that was Zhou Mei's choice was too rotten for her liking. Zhou Mei like many was too blinded by her well crafted facade to see it. "Even though I still find her unworthy of standing next to Jianyu. He deserves to be with someone that can support him and Su Lixue is the best choice" Zhou Mei said. "Mei'er You need a clear canvas to draw a beautiful painting. I know you feel guilty for Jianyu and Su Lixue's history but there is nothing that can be done. If they were ever going to come back together they would have done that already. After all these years I think it's about time you let go and let our son make a decision on his own" Ouyang Wenchang said to his wife placing his hands on hers. "Do honestly want me to assume that you don't feel guilty. That you aren't doing this out of guilt" Zhou Mei said pulling her hands away from his angrily. "I am not , I have decided to trust my son's judgment. If he says she is a good choice then age is" Ouyang Wenchang said. "That is still yet to be seen, Lixue let's go welcome the guests" Zhou Mei said standing and taking hold of Su Lixue hands  who had arrived a few minutes after Zhou Jianyu said Bai Zhenzhen walked out of the room. "Zhenzhen I sincerely apologise for my wife's behavior. She will come around once she gets to know you better. If you must blame anyone then blame me" Ouyang Wenchang said sadly. "It's alright father, I didn't take it to heart. Mother is just trying to protect Jianyu and doesn't really mean what she says" Bai Zhenzhen said. "Your too kind, Jianyu I think I can now see what attracted you to her" Ouyang Wenchang replied and patting Zhou Jianyu's shoulder walked out of the most definitely to chase after Zhou Mei.

The party began in full swing a few minutes later and the guest began to present their gifts. When it was Zhou Jianyu and Bai Zhenzhen's turn they both went forward and presented an antique chess set Which Zhou Jianyu said was picked out and found by Bai Zhenzhen "Zhenzhen this such a beautiful chess set and was also produced by a master. it must have been difficult to find. how did you find it"Ouyang Wenchang said. "My grandfather also collects chess set so I am quite familiar with the work of many great masters so when Jianyu informed me of your love for chess I decided to gift you a Chess set from one of the great masters" Bai Zhenzhen said. *wow how very thoughtful of her no wonder Old madam Ouyang is so fond of her. Don't you see how she's seated next to old madam Ouyang even Su Lixue has never received such luxury" a guest said. "Then why has she been parading about like a peacock"  another guest said. "Simple she thought that she would get to be Mrs Ouyang Jianyu because madam Ouyang was fond of her" the first guest said. "How pathetic this should know k that smug smile off her face, always feeling like she was better than is" Another guest whispered which made others laugh. On hearing what was said Su Lixue clenched her hands tightly and pretended not to have heard a thing. 'Her grandfather was an antique chess collector. Who was she trying to fool, like someone like her can ever have a relative that can afford to collect antiques'Su Lixue thought.  After the gift presentation the party continued with Ouyang Wenchang introducing Zhou Jianyu and herself to the of the guests. After sometime Bai Zhenzhen was feeling tired so she went out to the balcony to get some air. She had just gotten back from S city a few days ago. She had been offered the female lead to in [The Ancient pact] and had traveled for the first script reading, filming was to begin in four days time. She would be traveling back to S city in two days time to begin filming. Star entertainment were tob announced the cast of the series a day before the booting ceremony as is their style.

"Miss Bai funny seeing you here, I thought you would be basking in the attention" Su Lixue said as she stepped into the balcony and closed the door. "Sorry to disappoint you but that's not my style" Bai Zhenzhen said turning around to face her. "You think you have it all now don't you. Zhenzhen you enjoy your day in the spotlight while it last. Just remember that I can take it away from you anytime" Su Lixue said with a fake smile. "Really, do you really think that you can take it away from me" Bai Zhenzhen said. "Yes, we both know that I can because unlike you I already have a firm hold in the high society. I can help him while you can't, I don't need to worry about anything. it's only a matter of time before he comes begging" Su Lixue said with a smile. "Oh really then why are you here trying to intimidate me. If you can get him so easily why bother about me at all. That's because you can't get him because Zhou Jianyu doesn't want you, he doesn't even bother with you" Bai Zhenzhen said smiling as she watched the smug smile on Su Lixue's face turn into an ugly frown. "You since you don't want to let go I will have to make you let go by force. However before I go I should let you know that you should forget about getting Elder Madam's affection cause you never will. You really don't know this but Mother had a very strong dislike for actresses that's also the reason why you will never have Zhou Jianyu's full heart because he lost everything to an actress. Didn't you ever wonder why he doesn't answer his father's surname" Su Lixue said smiling her first genuine laugh and walking back inside. She had already planted her seed of doubt.