Because she's been kicked out of her own home by her supposed friends.

New friends?

Jane sighs again, and looks over at a group of five at a table in the back. They look like they enjoy each other's company.

Must be nice.

Suddenly one of them stands up and Jane almost falls off her chair when she comes over to where she's sitting.

"Why are you here all alone?"

"Do you really want me to answer that question?"

"Yes."

"I've been kicked out of my own home, by people who don't pay fucking rent."

"You can come sit with us if you want."

"Yeah, I'm in a bitchy mood, if I go over there, I'm just going to complain."

"That's okay, that's ninety percent of what we do."

New friends.

Yeah.

When Jane shyly walks over they all greet her with smiles.

"I'm Anne."

"Kat."

"Anna."

"Cathy."

"And I'm Catherine, but you can call me Lina."

"Hey! Why does she get to -"

Lina shushes her and pulls a chair over for Jane to sit in, which happens to be right next to her.

I think, I think I need some new friends.

"I think that I'm more their mother than their friend at this point."

"What do you mean?"

"I always cook, they don't pay for anything, I've had to save my house from being burned down multiple times because Tod doesn't put his cigarettes out when he goes to sleep. I know way too much about Jenny's life, that part's less mother because I'm pretty sure she wouldn't surprise her with her ex's nudes in the middle of a conversation -"

"She what?!"

"Yep, that happened."

New friends?

New friends.

Yeah.

"Hey, let's exchange numbers, and then we can meet on Thursday and hear way more about these people because wow."

"Sure."

I think, I think I need some new friends.

___________

If you can't pay for your Uber here.

Then I might never see you dear.

Spent it up all at the bar?

Should've put that gas up in your car.

"No."

"What?"

"I'm not paying for your Uber."

"Why not?"

"Pay for it yourself."

"What's gotten into you?"

"What? Don't like that I'm standing up for myself?"

"I don't have any money."