Nightmares

[I wanted to have this out by Halloween, but we see how well that worked. 😅 Happy belated Halloween everyone!]

**October 6th**

"I'll see you soon, Jagi." Yoongi said before leaning in and kissing Mariana goodbye.

She smiled and kissed him back. "I'll be right behind you."

"Good." Yoongi started and stepped back. "Don't be late."

Mariana feigned offense. "I would never!"

"Saranghaeyo!" Yoongi exclaimed as he moved towards the door of her apartment.

"Saranghaeyo!" Mariana replied before Yoongi closed the door behind himself.

**

About an hour later, as agreed, Mariana headed out on her way to meet Yoongi for dinner. She was about halfway to the restaurant when she noticed what looked like a car accident up ahead. Normally, she would have gone around the block to avoid people, but something compelled her to keep walking straight and investigate. It's not like it'd make her late.

Once she got close enough to stand at the yellow tape, she could see that it seemed like a driver had swerved onto the sidewalk and hit a pedestrian. She was concerned for the poor person until she saw WHO the paramedics were lifting up on the spinal board. Her concern faded into heartbreak and her stomach churned, as she recognized who this pedestrian was, and her words were screamed out in bloody murder.

"YOONGI!!"

Mariana shot up in her bed, panting as fear and adrenaline were still rushing through her system. Her mind raced as she checked her alarm clock, and realized it had only been a dream. She looked at her window and saw a familiar shadow staring out at the rain.

"Hey. You couldn't sleep either?" She asked Yoongi's back, her eyebrows raising when he didn't even move.

"Yoongi?" She asked with slight caution. "You couldn't sleep?"

Yoongi's head turned just enough for Mariana to see his ear.

"Yoongi. Are you okay? What's going on?"

Yoongi turned, and a flash of lightning lit up her bedroom long enough for Mariana to see him covered in blood, with all the same gashes and bruises from when she saw him being taken into the ambulance in her dream.

"Yo...Yo...Yoongi?" Mariana asked, her voice quivering at the next sight of him through the lightning, Mariana now noticing he was by her mirror doors, but he had no reflection in them.

His face was barely recognizable, and his voice was deeper and more gravely than normal; it was like something straight out of a horror movie. "What have you done?" He asked.

"I..I.." She studdered.

Another flash of lightning had him sprinting at her, causing Mariana to scream.

She shot up in her bed with a scream, breathing heavily as she quickly leaned over and turned on her touch lamp. She looked around her room to find herself alone before checking the time on her alarm clock.

6:30 am

Mariana sighed and flopped back down into her pillows. She ran her hands through her hair as she tried to calm her still racing heart before sitting up. She knew there was no way she was going back to sleep after that nightmare.
'It's 6:30 here, so it should be about 8:30 yesterday for Payton. She's usually up by 8.' Mariana thought as she picked up her phone and cleared her notifications before sending Payton a text.