Making Day Plans

*December 29th*

The day started like the others, just a bit more behind schedule. Rather than Suga, or Namjoon video calling Mariana around 9:00 in the morning, her phone rang with an incoming video call from Namjoon around 10:30. She was in the barn cleaning out the horse stalls, and she was almost done anyway. She picked up the phone and answered the call, leaning up against the wooden wall of the stall with the mucking fork handle still in her hand.

"Good morning, Namjoon. How are the drunkards faring?" She asked him with an amused smile.

"Good, all things considered. We had to get some food and hangover curing juice into Jimin first, but he's all good. Jungkook and Suga both have headaches, but we've got stuff to help with that too."

"Good thing you guys came prepared."

"Yeah, we usually have a surplus of hangover stuff when we travel." Namjoon admitted with a chuckle. "What do you have planned for today?"

"Mostly just taking care of and hanging out with the horses. Maybe I'll go for a ride." Mariana said and laughed a bit as the horse in the stall with her stuck his black, but white snipped nose into frame and rubbed Mariana's cheek with his lip. "Hi, Cap. I see you." Mariana said to the horse before she gently pushed his head away from her and rubbed his forehead to placate him.

"Who's that?" Namjoon asked with a smile as Suga plopped right next to him on the couch.

Mariana adjusted herself and her phone so that the all black, (except for his white blaze and snip on his nose) horse was in frame now too. "This is Captain Rodgers. Cap for short. And yes, his name is a Captain America reference." She explained with a chuckle.

"He's very pretty." Namjoon said and snorted a bit as Cap bumped the back of Mariana's shoulder with his face, pushing her forward a step.

Mariana just turned and looked at Cap with a raised eyebrow. "He's also a troublemaker." She said, directing it towards Cap who proceeded to turn around and go to the other side of the stall.

Mariana shook her head with a slightly amused smile as she went over to the wall she had been leaning against and resumed her position. "Cap is one of our older horses, but you sure as hell wouldn't know that from a first glance."

"I see that." Namjoon stated as Hoseok came into frame and sat next to him on his other side.

"How many horses do your parents have?" Hoseok curiously asked.

"Ten in total. Most of them are working horses, but we do have some of them just for pleasure riding." She explained.

"Have you ridden all of them before?" Suga finally spoke up to ask.

"Most of them. A lot changes in three years. I don't know some of these horses. Cap's been here since... well, before I graduated Junior High. Dad raised him from a newborn, and I showed him in 4-H." She explained but was interrupted by Cap rubbing his face on her arm. "And apparently I'm the favorite or something... Cap!" She exclaimed at him and pushed him away from her again. "Stop it. I will pay more attention to you in a bit." She told him before turning her attention back to the boys. "He's 16 years old." She started and jabbed a thumb at Cap. "And he acts like that. All. The time."

"I like him." Hoseok said with a smile.

"He's a good one." Mariana agreed as Taehyung leaned on the arm of the couch next to Suga, just his head and left shoulder in frame. "So what are you guys planning for today?"

"We were going to surprise you at some point." Suga sarcastically said with 'yeah, I screwed that one up' clearly evident in his tone as Jin did the same as Taehyung on the other couch arm, just his head and right shoulder in frame.

"Hey, it worked. I was definitely surprised." Mariana said with a chuckle.

"Yeah, but I had a way better plan...." Suga said as he crossed his arms over his chest, still kicking himself over it.

"Hey, you still have today and tomorrow try it again if you want to." Mariana pointed out.

Suga bobbed his head side to side a bit in agreement. "Maybe. I kind of want to see you ride now." Suga said, mostly thinking out loud.

"I think we can arrange that." Mariana smiled out with a nod. "I can even pick you guys up." She pointed out.

"That works." Namjoon stated and Jungkook happily sat in front of Namjoon's knees on the floor, his head and neck barely in the frame as Namjoon stuck his arm as far out as he could to make sure everyone was at least had their faces in the frame.

"I'm down." Hoseok agreed and all the other members nodded and approved of the idea except for Jimin. Simply because he just wasn't present. He was still in his bed laying in the dark until his hangover cures kicked in.

"Awesome. Let me know when you guys are ready. I'll run it by my mom and dad, then I'll come get you guys whenever you're ready."

"Should be within the next 30 minutes. Jimin is awake and taking his hangover concoctions as we speak." Jungkook updated.

Mariana gave a small sympathetic smile. "Perfect. I'll see you guys shortly then."

"Bye, See you soon." They all said to her as they waved.

Mariana smiled wide and waved back. "See you guys soon." She told them before hanging up the call.

She tucked her phone back into her pocket and finished cleaning the last two horse stalls she had left to do before heading inside to get a quick shower and finding her mom to update her.