Group Date

Mariana pulled into her parking spot at the hotel and once she put her mom's Expedition in park, she picked up her phone to check the text she'd gotten from Suga on her way there.

From: Suga

Let me know when you're here. We'll meet you outside.

Mariana smiled at the message and sent her reply.
From: Mariana
I'm here. See you shortly.

Not even three minutes later, she saw all the boys come out, Jimin, Jungkook, and Suga all wearing sunglasses; most likely to aid in taming their headaches. Mariana put the center console up to make a bench seat up front before she got out and opened the doors for them.

"Does it matter where we go?" Jin asked her.

"Yes." Suga said and climbed into the front middle seat right next to the driver's seat.

Mariana bit her lips together to stifle a smile as she could feel her cheeks blushing. "All the other seats are fair game." She told them as Suga buckled his seatbelt.

Namjoon climbed in next to Suga. Jimin, Taehyung, took the two middle seats, and Hoseok, Jin, and Jungkook squeezed into the back bench seat. Everyone put their seatbelts on as Mariana closed the doors behind them.

Mariana hurried back to the driver's side and buckled her seatbelt. "Everyone set?"

"Namjoon, move forward!" Taehyung impatiently requested.

Namjoon tried to figure out how, but looked to Mariana when he decided he wasn't going to find it on his own.

Mariana smiled a bit in amusement. "Right side of the seat, there's a little bar. Push it whatever direction you want to go." She explained.

Namjoon did as she said and got his seat pulled forward enough for Taehyung to get his knees in front of him without being squished.

"Better?" Mariana asked and took the content silence as a "yes" before she put the Expedition in reverse, backed up enough to turn around and headed back to her parent's house.
**

Since she had a vehicle full of people, Mariana opted to park outside of the garage, allowing everyone ample room get out on the concrete driveway. Mariana unbuckled and got out, opening her door and the back seat door to let everyone else out. Namjoon did the same and all of the other boys unloaded one by one on each side.

They all met Mariana on the wood porch and prepared to follow her since she was the only one who knew where they were going.

"Does anyone actually want to go riding today?"

"Sure!" Jimin said with a smile.

"I had fun the last time we all rode together." Jungkook added, and everyone else agreed.

"Perfect, that'll work." Mariana started with a nod. "Now. For the cringiest part of the day. You guys have to meet my only-English-speaking parents. That's just how it is if we're going to ride their horses." Mariana said with an apologetic tone.

"That's fine, I'm sure we can handle that." Namjoon assured her as all the other members gave him some sort of look that screamed 'speak for yourself'. "All else fails, we have Ana. Someone who actually wants to be a translator." He assured them before turning his attention to Mariana. "Lead the way, Ana."

Ana nodded, doing her best to ignore the nerves that were tightening her stomach into knots more and more as she got closer and closer to the front door. Her heart jumped again as she watched her mom open the door for them.

Susan simply smiled as she held the door open for everyone, Mariana leading the boys into the living room to wait for her mom to catch up. "You'll have to forgive me. The only Korean I know is annyeong-hana-seyo.

Mariana snorted a bit. "Very close mom. Annyeong-haseyo. There's no hana in it. Remember what it actually means?"

"Hello, right?"

"Yeah, pretty much! I'm so proud of you for remembering that." Mariana said with a smile and turned her attention to the boys. "I've started slowly teaching her Korean by throwing random words into my emails or calls and then making her figure it out."

"That's kind of mean." Jimin said with a little chuckle, trying to hide his amusement.

"I let her use the internet." Mariana defended. "But no Google translate. She's banned from Google translate." She pointed out with a little amused smile.

"Is that a voice of experience?" Namjoon asked with an amused smile.

"It's led me astray four too many times." Susan admitted.

"Anyway. Guys, this is my mom, Susan. Mom, this is Namjoon, V, J-Hope, Suga, Jin, Jungkook and Jimin." Mariana introduced them and gestured to each person as she said their names, going in order of how they were standing around her.

"It's wonderful to meet ya'll." Susan said with a smile. "You can head to the barn anytime you're ready." Susan made sure to look to Mariana. "Dad should be over anytime now. I'll make sure to send him your way when he gets here."

"Okay. Sounds good." Mariana said to her mom with a nod before turning her attention back to the boys. "The barn is this way." She told them before leading the way through the house to the back door and outside to the barn.

"What's first? Riding demo, or group ride?" Mariana offered them.

"Riding demo." Suga voted and no one argued with him.

"Alright. I'll grab Cap and get some barrels set up." She said with a smile as they walked inside, Cap as per usual, greeting whoever walked into the barn.

Once Mariana got Cap all tacked up, she took him into the arena and set up a couple of barrels that she could use as roping dummies. Mariana made sure Cap was nice and warmed up first before she parked him about 6 feet in front of and between the barrels, spinning and then throwing a rope around one barrel, Cap immediately backing up to pull the barrel down, only totally stopping when Mariana briefly lifted her lower legs off of his sides. She pulled her rope back into her hand and moved Cap forwards without touching the reins. They repeated the process on the other barrel.

"Does he always back up on his own like that?" Taehyung asked from the other side of the wooden fence the boys were leaning on.

Mariana looked over to them. "Yeah. My dad trains all the roping horses to do that. But Cap is so well practiced that we don't even have to remind him anymore." She explained as she flicked her rope off of the barrel and pulled it back into her hand.

"He really likes doing it doesn't he?" Namjoon asked with a little smile

"Yeah, he does." Mariana started with a small nod and gave Cap a pat on the neck. "He's been roping basically ever since he started being saddled."

Mariana's dad got home about 10 minutes later, making it around 1:30 pm, and he eventually came outside once he got some lunch. Mariana introduced him to all of the boys and helped them get the other horses tacked up for a trail ride. Mairana led the boys around on the trials bordering their cattle pastures, everyone talking and having a good time. By popular demand, Mariana had taken them on the long trails, so they were back at the barn about an hour and a half later, it was now going on 4:00 pm. The boys got off their horses and did what they could to help Mariana get everything cleaned up as quickly as possible and then they helped her feed and water the horses for the night.

Because it was still winter time, it was totally dark at 5:30 when they all walked back into the house. Susan had made dinner for everyone and made sure they all had gotten pleanty to eat before Mariana led them out to the Expedition again, everyone filing in the same way they had before so Mariana could take them back to their hotel for the night.