Surprising return

**December 28th**

Mariana's phone rang with Jungkook's ringtone. He was out at the bar with Suga and Jimin, having a guys night while everyone else opted to hang out at their hotel. Mariana would be going back to Korea in just a few days, but Suga didn't want to wait. The drastic difference in time zones meant that he and Mariana hadn't exchanged more than "Hi, how are you?" texts for the last month while she'd still been on Christmas break in the states, and Suga was craving her actual attention; real interactions with her. So he decided to come back to the states to surprise her, and of course, all the guys came with him to see her.

The original plan was to surprise Mariana in town the next day after their flight came in, so they had the night to spare. Their hotel was in the next town over from Mariana, so they were close to her, but not super close, and Suga had done some research on the plane to figure out where all the good local bars were. Once they got settled into their hotel, he offered the idea of going out, Jungkook and Jimin happily agreeing to go with him, while everyone else was going to stay at the hotel and relax.

Suga led the way to the bar, and Jimin picked the area at the bar they were going to sit. They spent a good two hours at the bar, making it just after 11:00 at night now. All three of the boys had been drinking, and Jimin, as per usual, was going through alcohol like it was water, so he was getting.....interesting...to be around after two hours worth of drinks. Suga was as stoic as ever, just more open with his emotions, and Jungkook was having a blast with everything. Until Suga and Jimin paid the bill and left without him realizing it.

Jungkook tried to talk to the bartender, but with all the alcohol in his system, his English skills were practically nonexistent. So, he did the only other thing he could think of. He called Mariana.

"Hey, Jungkook. How's it going?"

"Sugaandjiminaregone,theyleftmeandihavenoideawheretheyareorwhereiamandididntknowwhoelsetocall." Jungkook slurred out in a panic, almost on the verge of tears.

Mariana just tried to decipher what he had just said, but with no success. "Kookie, sweetie, I may speak Korean, but it's my sixth language. You gotta slow down the drunken slurs for me." She requested.

Jungkook took a breath and repeated himself. "Suga, and Jimin are gone. They left me, and I have no idea, where they are. Or where I am. And I didn't know who else to call."

"I'm still in the states, Kookie. Do you need the local taxi number?"

Jungkook shook his head. "No, we're here in America. In the town next to you. Can you come get me?" He asked her like he was a lost little kid.

Mariana got out of bed and went over to her closet. "Of course I can. What are you guys doing back in America so soon?" She curiously asked him as she grabbed a jacket and her Uggs then started walking to the front door to get her wallet and keys.

"Suga wanted to surprise you tomorrow. But you didn'tHearItFromMe." He explained and rushed out as if he'd just told his best friend's biggest secret.

"Understood. Do you know what bar you're at, Jungkook?"

"Uhhhhhhh..." He said as Mariana went out the front door, locked it, and walked to her truck that hadn't moved from its spot in the two car garage for the three years she'd been in Korea. She heard Jungkook trying to communicate with one of the bartenders, and eventually, she heard a girl on the phone.

"He's at Lucy's on the Main strip."

"I know the place. Thank you." Mariana said as she got into her truck, and used the door opener on her visor to open the garage door before she started the truck, buckled her seatbelt and headed on her way.

**
She found Jungkook sitting in the heated entryway to the bar. She opened the door and he gave her a big smile. "Mariana!" He exclaimed as he jumped up and hugged her, just relieved to see a familiar face.

"Hey, Jungkook." She started with a chuckle. "Come on, let's get you in the truck and then see if we can find Suga and Jimin." She said and walked next to him once he let go of her.

"Can I sit shotgun?"
Jungkook asked like a little kid as they got outside.

Mariana chuckled. "Sure." She told him with a smile and opened his door for him.

"Yay!" He joyfully exclaimed as Mariana helped stabilize him for the step up into the truck, and made sure he was in the seat and buckled before she closed his door and got in on the driver's side.

She was about to pull her phone out and call Jimin to find out where he and Suga were when she looked up to see them down the street, sitting on a bench. Mariana put the truck in drive and pulled up right in front of them, parked and got out. She walked over to them, leaning against the "no parking" sign in front of them with her arms folded and a brow raised, just watching them tune out their surroundings for a moment before she cleared her throat to get their attention.

They snapped their eyes to her, Mariana just grabbing them by their ears and walking them to the truck, both of them whining about their ears being pulled.

"I can't believe you two just abandoned Jungkook, at a bar, in an unfamiliar city, where almost nobody speaks his language, while he's drunk!! What were you two idiots thinking?!"
She lectured them and pushed them towards the truck door and opened Jungkook's door. "Get in." She ordered them with a pointed finger once she had the backseat door open.

Suga and Jimin quietly climbed in like scorned children, with their hands over their now sore ears. She closed the doors behind them and then got into the driver's seat.

"Why don't I get to sit next to you?" Suga pouted.

"Because you left Jungkook at a random bar when he needed you the most." She calmly stated, holding back the temptation to smile at Suga wanting to be as close to her as possible. He really was sweet to those he cared about, and the alcohol in his system only emphasised that fact.

Suga crossed his arms in protest with a pouted lip as he leaned back in the seat and Mariana pulled the truck back into the street.

"Okay guys. What hotel are you staying in?"

"The big one with the red and green lights on the outside." Jungkook told her.

Mariana had to think for a minute, but then figured out what one he was talking about. "Okay. Anyone remember the room number?"

No one answered.

"Okayyyy. We'll figure that out when we get there." She stated and made her way to their hotel.