Meeting The Family

**Febuary 24th**

Mariana turned left onto the last stretch of road before her driveway, and looked over to Suga for a moment, promptly returning her eyes to the road. "My Aunt Jess, Uncle Al and little cousin Lizzie from Texas are staying with mom and I for the week too, so you and I are going to be in my old bedroom downstairs since they'll be in the guest bedroom on the main floor. I will warn you though. My room hasn't changed much since my last rearranging when I was probably 13." Mariana admitted with a little amused smile.

"That's fine." Suga started with an amused smile. "It'll give some insight into how much you've changed from when you were younger."

"Yeah, that was a drastic change." She said with a slight chuckle.

"Let me guess... Goth phase?"

Mariana bobbed her head from side to side. "More like a scene kid skater girl that wore a lot of black and fishnet gloves." She admitted.

"Hmmm. You in fishnets...Oh, that's a dangerous thought." Suga hummed in amusement as he smirked.

Mariana could feel the blush rising in her cheeks as she pulled into her driveway. She let Suga get out, helped him grab his bags and led him to the porch before squeezing her truck into the garage next to her Mom's Escape before getting out and closing up the garage to meet Suga back on the front porch and walked with him to the front door.

"Brace yourself. You didn't get to meet Boomer last time you were here." Mariana said with a chuckle as she stuck her key into the lock slot.

"Boomer?" Suga asked with a little curious smile.

"Our dog. He's 110 pounds of muscle and love, and he usually refuses to leave my side when I come home." Mariana explained and pushed the door open, and right on cue, a big built black labrador that had grey starting to show around the points of his face bolted out of the door before Mariana or her mom could stop him.

Suga took a step back as he smiled at the dog that was beating his tail against Suga's legs every time he circled around Suga to follow a smell.

"Suga, Boomer. Boomer, Suga." Mariana introduced them with a chuckle as Susan came to the door and greeted them.

"Hi guys, come on in...Boomer!" Susan started and grabbed Boomer's attention. "Come in here. Leave the poor boy alone long enough to let him in."

Boomer did as he was told, still throwing his tail around as he trotted back inside, Mariana and Suga following him so that Susan could close and lock the door behind them. "It's good to see you again, Suga." Susan said with a little smile.

"You as well. I wish it was for a happier reason." Yoongi said to her, his thick Korean accent surprisingly not making it all that difficult to understand him.

"So do we all." Susan said with an appreciative toothless smile. "Mariana, why don't you go show Suga where your room is while I can call everyone inside to do introductions? Lizzie wanted to see the horses."

Mariana nodded. "Okay." She started and turned her attention back to Suga. "내 침실이 이쪽이에요." [My bedroom is this way.]

Suga nodded to her as he adjusted his backpack strap before following her downstairs into the basement, to Mariana's room, Boomer staying right by her side.

The room was average size, but the neat organization of everything made it seem larger than it was. There were small trinkets on shelves and in open spaces on the bookcase next to the door on the opposite wall of the bed. Books of all genres lined the shelves, some worn from being read time after time.