Parental Prodding

"Hey, mom?" Mariana asked as she turned the corner into the living room with her wet hair wrapped in a towel, and sitting on top of her head.

"Hmm?" Mariana's mom, Susan asked in return as she took her attention from her book and looked to Mariana.

"A group of my friends from Korea are in town for a few days. Would you mind if they came out to hang out with the horses and I?" Mariana asked as stood few in front of her mom.

"I don't see why not. How many friends are we talking about?"

"Seven." Mariana stated with a tone of admittance.

Susan's eyes briefly widened a bit in surprise. "Are you guys all going to ride together?"

Mariana shrugged her shoulders a bit. "I'm not sure yet. I know they want to watch me ride, but I don't know if they want to or not."

"Well, we should still have at least one helmet per horse because of our farm hands. They won't mind if you use them. You might want to go out and get them a little cleaned up and scent freshened before handing them out though." Susan advised.

"I will. I'm just waiting for one of them to text me when they're ready and I'm going to go pick them up at their hotel. "

Susan nodded once in understanding. "Okay. I think dad is in the big barn, I'd run that all by him too. Or you could call or text him."

"I'll probably just call him so I can start on the helmets."

Susan nodded again in acknowledgment. "Good idea. Take my Expedition, and let me know when you leave."

"Will do." Mariana said with a little nod before heading into the basement to grab her helmet as well as her mom's helmet before giving her hair one last rub down with the towel and leaving it draped over the back of a chair and heading outside to the tack room in the barn.

Mariana opened the big barn door and smiled as she was greeted by her usual neigh from Captain. "Hi, buddy." She greeted him with a smile.

Mariana walked to the other side of the barn, and went into the tack room on the left side, across from the feed room. She got all the helmets and cleaning stuff gathered onto the wooden table in a corner of the room before picking up her phone and calling her dad as she started on the first helmet.

"Hey, sweetheart. What's going on?" Mariana's dad, Mark happily greeted her.

"Hi, dad. I just wanted to let you know that I have a group of friends from Korea coming over for a bit while they're in town. They want to watch me ride, and we might go on a short trail or something."

"Everyone has to have a helmet." He told her.

"I know. I'm cleaning up some of the farm hands' extra helmets for them right now. We shouldn't be going too far, so we'll be totally safe. Especially with your horses."

"Alright. Don't hesitate to call mom or I if you need help."

"I know. Thanks, dad." Mariana said as she moved the first helmet into a separate pile for clean helmets with her and her mom's helmets.

"So, are any of these friends boys?" Mark curiously asked as Mariana grabbed the next helmet.

"Daaaaaad." Mariana whined.

"What? I have to make sure my little girl is in good hands." He playfully pointed out though he meant what he said.

Mariana rolled her eyes with a little smile. "Yes, they're all boys, in fact."

"How long have you known them? Are they nice?"

"I've known them since I first moved to Korea. They're all very nice, and I really enjoy hanging out with them. Most of them are like my brothers." It wasn't a lie. Mariana found out about BTS not too long after she moved to Japan four, almost five years ago, and she's loved them ever since. They just didn't know her until recently.

""Most of them"? Are my boyfriend senses tingling?" Mark asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Dad!" She exclaimed in defensive surprise.

"There is a boyfriend in there! What's his name? How old is he? What's he like? What's he do for a living?" Mark started, trying to go through his whole list of typical dad questions before Mariana could stop him.

"Dad! No! There's no boyfriend in there. We're all just friends." Mariana stopped him.

Mark was silent for a moment. "Uh huh." He stated in false belief. "Well, either way, I can't wait to meet him."

"Oh my God, there's no boyfriend. I am single, none of them have time for a girlfriend right now. Can we drop it?" She pleaded with him, her cheeks burning with blush.

"Only for the time being. My boyfriend senses are still tingling, and I want to know what they all do to keep themselves so busy." He stated.

"You probably wouldn't believe me, if I told you." Mariana said with an amused smirk and moved onto her next helmet as her phone buzzed with a text, tickling her ear before she brought it down to look at it.

"Try me." She could barely hear her dad say as she read the text. It was from Suga saying that they were all up and ready when she was. Mariana smiled and put her phone back up to her ear.

"Hey, dad. I just got a text from Yoongi, I've gotta go so I can get these last couple helmets done real quick and go get them." She explained and moved her fourth helmet into the clean pile.

Mark nodded even though Mariana couldn't see him. "Just going to leave me hanging on this occupation question, huh?"

"Yup." Mariana confirmed.

"Hm. Alright, I guess. Drive safe sweety. I love you."

"Love you too, dad. Bye." Mariana told him before she hung up the phone and speed cleaned three more helmets before she hurried on her way back inside to gather her wallet and keys.

"Hey, mom. I'm going to go pick up a car full of boys. We'll be back in about 20 ish minutes." Mariana said to Susan (who was still reading her book on the couch) from the front door as she opened it.

"Alright, Ana. Drive safe, I'll see ya'll in a bit." Susan acknowledged her without parting her attention from her book.

"See you shortly." Mariana confirmed as she headed out the door, locking it behind her before she almost broke into a run to the Expedition in excitement.

Mariana got in, opened the big garage door with the button clipped to the sun visor, and started the car before she quickly set out to go get the boys.