Time To Admit It

Suga unlocked the door and walked back into the connected room next-door where everyone else had congregated after their showers, closing the door behind him. "Thanks for letting me use your phone, Jimin." He said chipperly and gently tossed the phone into Jimin's lap.

"I'm pretty sure you mean for letting you steal my phone." Jimin pointed out as he grabbed his phone from his lap and put it back into his pants pocket.

Suga looked back up, meeting Namjoon's suspicious 'I know what's going on' type of smile. "What are you smiling at?" Suga asked as he lightly plopped on the couch, an empty seat between him and Jungkook.

"Oh nothing, really. Just the fact that you have an adorably obvious crush on Mariana." Namjoon said, maintaining his mischievous smile.

Suga's face scrunched together a bit. "What? Did you hit your head or something?" He asked with a raised brow and dug his phone out of his pocket. "I don't like her like that. We're friends." He calmly defended and went to typing away on his phone once he had it unlocked.

"Oh really? Because you've learned more about her in a couple of days than you learned about me in a week. And I'm basically your brother." Jin pointed out, and some of the boys nodded in agreement.

"Seriously. You've never talked to any of us that much in one sitting." Jungkook added.

"Wow, you're all really good at overthinking." Suga defended again as he kept paying attention to his phone.

Jungkook thought for a moment before he quickly reached over and snatched Suga's phone from him, not having to work too hard at keeping Suga's slightly smaller frame away from his phone as Jungkook looked at the message feed with Mariana that Suga had left off in, and sneakily typed a message to send to Mariana.

"Yoongi, come on. How dumb do you think we are? Are you really going to sit here and deny your feelings for her while we're all sitting in the room with you as you text her?" Jungkook teased him a bit, quickly moving his hand further away when Suga almost grabbed the phone from him.

"You're clearly smitten with her." Jimin pointed out just to poke at Suga some more.

"The entire time we were walking through the airport to get here, you were never more than four feet from her." Hoseok added though a little laugh as he watched Suga struggle to get anywhere near his own phone.

Suga rolled his eyes a bit. "Yeah, yeah. Very funny, all of you." He started, never taking his eyes off of Jungkook. "Now, give me back my phone before you start having accidents at practice." Suga threatened him as he sat up and put a flattened hand in front of himself, demanding his phone back.

Jungkook thought about it for a second, then hit the send button on the message he'd drafted as he handed it back, Suga not realizing what Junkook had done until his phone was back in his possession and Suga thoroughly inspected the message feed.

"You asked her out on a date for me?!" He exclaimed as he reread the message three times before looking back up at Jungkook like he was about to go ballistic on him.

"No. I asked her if there was a possibility that she would be interested in going on a date with you sometime." He explained, and the other boys went on high alert, ready to pull Suga off of Jungkook if it were to become necessary.

"That's basically the same thing, you idiot!" Suga started but froze in fear as his phone dinged with Mariana's reply.

After a moment of tense silence, Taehyung piped up. "Well. Open it. What'd she say?"

Suga hesitantly turned the phone screen up so he could see it, opened his phone and read the message, his jaw going slack as his posture and demeanor started relaxing with a pleasant surprise.

"Well?" Hoseok impatiently prodded after a moment of silence, everyone still on the edge of their seats with anticipation.

"She said yes... She said she'd go on a date with me..." Suga said breathily in awe.

"You're welcome." Jungkook said with a victorious smile and crossed one knee over the other as he folded his arms together and leaned back into the couch.

Suga opened his hand and firmly thumped Jungkook on the side of his head with an open palm.

Jungkook flinched away from him in response. "Ah! What the hell!?" He exclaimed and rubbed the now slightly tender spot a couple of inches above his ear.

"That's for stealing my phone." Suga scorned him before he slumped back into the couch, focused on his phone again. "........Thanks." He mumbled out under his breath as he typed another message to Mariana.

A minute went by before Suga spoke up again. "If any of you tell her about this, I will punch you in the throat." He said and made sure to look between Jimin and Namjoon.

"Hey, why are you looking at us?" Jimin asked, almost sounding like he was offended that Suga didn't seem to trust them for some reason.

"Because you two both have her phone number too. And if anyone in this room is going to get me into trouble with that, it's going to be one of you two." He pointed out.

Namjoon bobbed his head from side to side a bit. "That's probably kinda fair."

"At least I'm not the king of destruction over here." Jimin pointed out with a half smile, playfully jabbing a thumb in Namjoon's direction.

Namjoon's jaw hung open a bit in slight offense. "Heyyy. I only destroy physical objects, thank you very much." He defended and the whole group laughed a bit.

"Or you just try to cut something with the dull end of the knife." Jin continued to tease him with a smile.

Namjoon threw his hands up a bit in defeat. "The one time I actually try to cook something, and it's going to haunt me forever..."

The group was silent for a couple of seconds in thought. "Yeah." They all answered with smiles and nods.

"Of course." Namjoom sighed with a little smile.

The boys spent the next hour in their hotel just hanging out before they got their things together and headed out to continue with their free day. They only had a little less than a week left in the states, and they planned on spending at least part of their free time out and about in Chicago. Mariana, of course, got updates throughout the days of their time in Chicago from Suga, as well as snapchats from Jimin, Namjoon, and Hoseok multiple times a day.

To say everyone was curious as to how things would be when they were all back in Korea was an understatement, but they were all definitely looking forward to finding out.