Style Change

"Hi, oppaaa." Mariana said with a little guilty smile as she answered Suga's video call that morning, sitting down at the kitchen table.

"You've only been up for like three hours. What could have possibly already happened?" Suga asked, immediately picking up on the guilt in her tone as he walked into his bedroom, already in his sleep clothes.

"What...I never said anything did happen..."

"Every time you drone like that, it's because you want to hide something you know that you can't. What happened?"

Mariana's brows pinched together in surprise. "Really? Every time?"

"Every time." Suga confirmed and sat on the bed. "What happened?"

"Well. Payton ended up coming over last night, and somewhere in our pillow talk when I thought she was just half asleep, I lost a bet...and my punishment is to recreate one of my old hairstyles of her choice..."

"Ooo. What are you doing with it?" Suga stopped adjusting to ask, excited to hear what Mariana and Payton had in store.

"I have to dye it a deep red color, and..." Mariana sighed a bit. "Shave one side of my head..."

Suga looked like he was off in dreamland for a second, making Mariana raise her eyebrows in curiosity. "Yoongi?"

"Sorry. I was just enjoying the idea of you with a side shave." He said with a little smile and leaned against the pillows behind him.

Mariana couldn't help the blush starting to form in her cheeks. "Well. Imagine no more." She started and ran her hand into the right side of her hair, and flipped all of her wavy brunette hair onto one side, showing she already had the side shave part done. "Payton is too excited about playing stylist today."

"Hi Suga!!" Payton exclaimed from a hallway behind Mariana somewhere.

Suga chuckled. "Hi Payton!"

"I love it. You look hot, Ana." Suga said with a smile, continuing right where he left off with Mariana.

Mariana bit her lips together, as she could feel her cheeks flushing, but her expression changed when she remembered something. "Oh yeah! Before I forget to actually say it, Happy birthday, Yoongi-Oppa! I'll have to give you your present late this year..."

"You got me a present?" Suga asked with a pleasant surprise as Payton appeared behind Mariana, and was walking closer.

"Of course I did! What kind of girlfriend would I be if I didn't?"

"You'd still be mine." Suga pointed out. "But regardless, thank you, Jagiya. I can't wait to open it."

Payton flopped an arm across Mariana's shoulders as she came into frame too. "You're gonna love it, Suga. Your jaw will be on the floor and everything." Payton said just to get under Mariana's skin, quickly dodging backwards as Mariana tried to throw an elbow into Payton's gut.

"Missed me!" Payton happily exclaimed and left the frame.

"It's not much, but as soon as I get back, you can open it, I promise." Mariana said with a little smile.

"That sounds great." Suga said with a smile as he scanned across Mariana's face, making him think there was something else. "What else is on your mind today, Jagiya?"

Mariana mentally sighed a bit, knowing that when Suga could read her, he was good at it. "Oh, it's nothing. I just miss you is all. Let's get back to birthday plans." She changed topics, looking up as she noticed Payton giving her a disapproving eyebrow.

Suga looked to her quizzically, part of him knowing that she was just brushing the topic off, but he decided to let it go for now. "What did you have in mind?" He asked to bring Mariana's attention back to him.

"Well, I was going to surprise you when I came back, by just showing up somewhere, but apparently I don't get the option of buying my own plane ticket home." Mariana teased him a bit.

"Nope. And I will keep asking you when you're coming back, because I've got your lying tells figured out. You can't lie about anything to me anymore." Suga pointed out with a proud smile.

"And I know you well enough to know that even if I go through one of the other members, you'll find out." Mariana stated and got an idea. "Except for maybe Jin. He doesn't seem to be afraid to use a "respect your Hyung" card." Mariana covered.

"Ah, even then I'll figure it out somehow. So, when are you planning on coming back? "

Mariana shook her head in amusement. In all honesty, she could leave tomorrow and feel confident that her mom can handle the barn chores, especially with Bradley around. He's worked for their family for years, and really wouldn't mind stepping up to help more, but Susan wouldn't allow it. He worked hard for them enough as is.

But, Mariana did want to surprise Suga and the guys. "I'm still not really sure yet." She started. It wasn't a lie, she really didn't know for sure yet. However, she was going to start working on getting back to Korea. She was just going to have to do it as discretely as humanly possible. "Mom is doing well with balancing everything, and Bradley has been a huge help teaching her the chore order. Probably soonish, but you'll be the first to know for sure when I'm ready, okay?"

"I'd better be." Suga stated with a small smile.

"Ana! Come on, we have to go get your hair dye!" They both heard Payton from somewhere in the background.

Mariana turned her head over her shoulder. "I'm coming, keep your pants on!" She teased Payton before turning back to Suga. "I guess I better get going."

"I guess I'll let you." Suga said with a little smile. "I'll talk to you tomorrow, Jagiya."

Mariana nodded. "Definitely. Sleep tight, oppa."

"Saranghaeyo, Jagiya."

"Saranghaeyo, Yoongi." Mariana told him with a smile before they both hit the end call button.