Mary & Lizzie: Baking

Zacznij od początku

Flirting was important, Lizzie understood.

But when her mother finally asked for her help, they got a shaky reply with misspelled words.

Her mother instantly called her.

"Lina?"

Lizzie watched as her mother's face became distorted.

"Are you laughing at me?"

Another moment of garbled words.

"You are! You're laughing at me! I'm calling you because I trusted you would actually help, not make fun of me. You know what? I'm hanging up."

Then the next portion was loud enough that even Lizzie could hear it.

"No! Don't' hang up!"

Lizzie tried her hardest not to start laughing at how clearly delighted her mother was by the response to the possibility of her not talking to her anymore.

"So you'll help?"

Another few seconds.

"Thank you! Could you come over now? Okay, see you in a bit, bye Lina!"

Her mother grinned.

"She's coming over to help."

"And to flirt with you."

"Hopefully - I mean - if she wants too."

"I hope she does too."

"You understand."

____________

Catherine moved at such a fast rate Mary had no time to ask her where she was going.

Catherine swiftly left the house.

Because Anne's kitchen was in shambles, not because she wanted to see Anne.

(Catherine didn't know why she was still pretending like she didn't want to see Anne, she was dating her.)

When she knocked Elizabeth answered.

"Oh thank god! We set it on fire!"

"What?!"

Catherine rushed inside to see Anne sitting on the floor covered in ash. She blew out a sharp breath to move a strand of hair that was in her face. Her legs weren't exactly criss crossed, more like her feet here meeting in the middle.

She looked like a wreck.

Catherine kind of wanted to kiss her anyways, but shook her head to clear her thoughts.

"What happened?"

"The Boleyn Clan entered the kitchen." Anne said immediately.

"What's wrong with her?" Catherine whispered to Elizabeth while leaning over.

"She gets like that after an attempt at cooking or baking. Unfortunately it also always ends up like this."

"On fire?"

"Yes."

Catherine and Elizabeth leaned away, back to standing normally.

"Okay, I need you to get up, and go take a shower for me okay?"

Elizabeth suddenly lunged forward, "Before you say anything remember your daughter is still here, and that she knows her daughter as well."

Anne frowned at Elizabeth, then stuck her tongue out, "Booooo."

Elizabeth stuck hers out as well.

"Children, children. Calm down, Anne - shower, Elizabeth - with me."