She glanced at the imprisoned vampire soldiers behind the bars on each side. She suddenly heard a scream from a door that was half-open. Stepping closer to it, she peeked inside and saw an expensive laboratory full of scientists examining vials of blood and making observations.

She entered the room, walking towards a smaller room that overlooked all the experiments. Shinoa opened the door and saw Guren examining data on the papers he was holding.

"I looked for you for five days."

"Oh? Sorry for your troubles then." He replied nonchalantly, not bothering to look at her.

"I have a question for you." She said and stepped towards him.

"I'm not gonna answer it so go away."

"Yuu-san isn't awake. Lieutenant Colonel Guren, what did you do to Yuu-san? No, what are you planning to do with Yuu-san?" He glanced at her and saw Shinoa place something on the table.

It was Yuichiro's drug tablet.

"You told me to give Yuu-san a special combination drug because his Cursed Gear was special." Guren threw the papers on top of the tablet and faced Shinoa.

"But wasn't it because of this drug that Yuu-san lost control? What was that? Please answer me, Lieutenant Colonel Guren!" She shouted as Guren stood up and walked away.

He laughed, "It's not like you to show your emotions. Are you upset?"

He turned around and faced Shinoa, "Oh well. So? What do I need to say to satisfy you? Would an 'I didn't do anything' give you peace of mind?"

"Impossible! There's no way you haven't done--"

"Then would you get angry if I said I'm doing human experimentations? How can a weak human survive in a collapsed world? How can we get rid of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse? How can we kill vampires? How many people were sacrificed for your older sister, Mahiru Hiragi, to complete the Cursed Gear? Could the human race survive without the Cursed Gear?"

Shinoa stayed quiet and Guren sat back at his seat, "Don't try to gloss over things now kid. Or could it be that you fell for Yuu?"

He laughed once he saw Shinoa blush and become flustered. "What's that look on your face? Anyways, I don't care what's between you two but quit coming to me to talk about a kid's love affair. Go away."

"Wait, please answer my--"

"Go away." He said more sternly.

"What about (Y/n) then? She isn't awake either." Shinoa asked and saw Guren's body tense.

"Did you do the same to her? Give her a special combination drug?"

He sighed and leaned back into the chair, "No, I didn't. I didn't expect (Y/n) to be the same as Yuu."

"Then how? Yuu-san was a human experimentation but we have no records of (Y/n) being a human experimentation."

"Beats me." Guren shrugged his shoulders.

"Will she wake up at the same time as Yuu-san?"