Chapter 53

Nov 3rd
Building
Night Time
  Nokia

" Ok now your turn." I handed the blunt to Solána who hesitantly took it. I couldn't stop myself from smirking at the sight in front of me. The poor girl barely knew how to hold a blunt.

         " So what do I do again?" She asks, looking at me for help. I chuckle a little.

          " You just inhale, hold the smoke inside, and then slowly exhale the smoke."

           She nods as she gulps, looking at the blunt like it was a gun. " Oh um, ok. Ok."

           Maybe this was a bad idea.

           " You sure you want to? You don't have to if you don't want to. I don't want to pressure you." I say. I started to feel guilty since I did kind of coerce her into smoking.

         But I just wanted her to feel better and take her mind off things. But maybe this wasn't best.

           " No! I want to...now. It's ok." She lifts up in her seat, feigning confidence. I just stare at her a little skeptically and then nod.

I watch her as she holds the blunt up to her lips, then takes a puff. I watch as her eyes widen in surprise as she inhales. As she exhales, she begins to start coughing. Yeah that's that good shit.

" You good Lana?" I ask, making sure she's ok. She shakes her head as she tries to recover.

" Yes. Yes I am. That was just really strong." She waves her hand in front of her chest.

I laugh. " Yeah it is. But you'll get used to it. Take another hit. This time, try to hold it longer." I instruct, as if I'm a teacher or some shit.

She looks at me before taking another hit.

I watch her as she smokes it and holds the smoke for longer this time. After she's done she passes the blunt to me. "Good job ." I say clapping a little.

She rolls her eyes and a smile plays on her lips. " Shut upppp, Nokia." She drags out.

I smirk, before I smoke the blunt again.

" So when will it kick in?" She asks, tilting her head while looking at me.

" It takes a few minutes. Or you'll gradually start to feel it. But you'll know when it does." I wink at her.

We sit in silence awhile ,as we pass the blunt back and forth. She then speaks.

     "He fuckin cheated on me...after everything. After all the years...he goes and cheat. Like I don't even matter. Like our relationship doesn't even matter to him. How could he do this to me? Everything was so perfect. He was so perfect. What happened?" Solána rants, staring straight ahead.

I look at her not knowing what to say, just deciding to listen.

"And the way he treated me that night. It really hurt me. I don't know what's going on with him, it's like he's turning into a different person. And I love him so much. I want to believe he'll change and he truly is sorry. I just wish things could go back to normal. I don't know what to do."