Chapter 32

October 30, 2017
Juilliard School
The Next Day After...

Solána

I walk into poetry class the next day, sitting where I normally sit. Somewhere in the middle of the class. With Nokia.

     I roll my eyes as a stupid grin fills my face at the thought of her. She's always so goofy , and playing around. But I loved how she could turn around and be serious and spit some real shit.

   I think back to the events at her apartment yesterday, and all our conversations. Her harmless flirting ,and coming on to me didn't even really bother me or make me uncomfortable like I thought it would.

    I found it amusing that she actually thought she could land me. I guess I could let the girl dream.

  And I'm also aware of how  she's always playing and joking around so I wouldn't take it serious or internalize it too much.

     Like she said before I wasn't her type, right ?

   She just probably liked to get under my skin and tease me ,because she knows I'm straight and not interested. But it didn't even bother me it was just funny.

    I'm not going to lie though...Nokia has this charm about herself that even I couldn't resist. She had this way of making me nervous and shy around her.

     Like putting me in this daze just by making eye contact with her. Or like those moments where she grabs me by the face and have me hanging on to her every word.

     Now I hated that. For fuck sakes, I'm Solána Imani Rowe. One of the most liked and well known girls at Juilliard. I exuded confidence , and always stayed in control of situations.

    I always know what to say or do. And I'm never nervous around people. I usually make others timid, but now it was the other way around.

    When I'm around her I'm always at loss for words, averting my gaze, and losing my cool. What the hell was it about her ? What did she possess that had me acting like a little girl ?

     If she had me that way ,and her presence was that powerful , I could just imagine how she was with other girls. Girls that were actually interested in other girls.

     She probably had them dropping their panties in a blink of an eye. And shit I don't blame them.

    The way she talked , her smile, and the way she carried herself was intriguing. Definitely special. Destiny could have any girl she wanted...but me, of course.

     No matter how charming she was or how much her smile had me losing it....I just wasn't gay.

   I just don't believe a girl could please me as much as a guy. Dominate me and make me submissive. Or
make me feel protected.

      I needed a guy for all that , and Marcus was perfect.

       I exit my thoughts, and get knocked back into reality as I sense students coming in and hear voices. I get out my materials for the class, setting them on my desk.

       I then fluff out my hair, and start reapplying my lip gloss and mascara.

       " Who you tryna get cute for ?" I hear a husky , but feminine voice that belongs to none other than Destiny. I just roll my eyes and continue looking in my compact mirror.

     Out of my peripheral I see her plop down next to me.

      " Myself." I say, smirking.