Chapter 35

October 31st
Solána's Apartment  

Solána

Three hours. One hundred and eighty minutes. Ten thousand and eight hundred seconds. That's how long it took me to wash ,and clean the silly string out my hair.

And I still hadn't gotten dressed , eaten breakfast, or styled my hair . Or did my makeup.

I missed 1st hour and 2nd hour and would be late to third hour. All because of Tony's immaturity. Luckily Marcus didn't have class till later in the day so he would be dropping me off at school.

If I took the subway, or a cab I would miss another hour of school, which I couldn't afford.

Three hours is also how long Tony has been outside our apartment ...locked out. She spent the first hour pounding on the door, demanding me to let her in. (Of course I didn't).

The second hour she became more passive and began apologizing for putting silly string in my hair, and even started crying.

I began to feel bad for her and almost let her back in but as I had to detangle ,and get the silly string out of each part of my hair I remembered exactly why I locked her out.

The third hour she was silent and when I looked out the window to check on her she was, pouting , as she sat on the porch.

She didn't have a key to get in, her book bag, any money,or phone to call anyone to pick her up for school. Sucks for her.

Each time I begin to feel guilty it quickly faded. I've also been suffering for three hours with my hair. detangling and getting the string out. So we were even.

As I finish my hair, I wrap a towel around it to let it dry. I also wrap a towel around my naked body.

I walk out the bathroom to our front door and open it, looking down at Tony. I have to stop myself from laughing as I look at her childish, but cute face.

I finally got to take in her appearance today. Her hair was curled, with two braids across each side that connected at the back of her head.

She was dressed in a orange sweater dress that had a Halloween pumpkin's face on the front. underneath she wore fishnets,with checkerboard vans on her feet.

Her face was of course beat. Highlighter adorned her face and for eyeshadow she had yellow, orange, and black to represent Halloween. And she pulled it off. I would never look good with those colors.

" Tony , are you ready to come in?" I ask in an innocent voice. She stays stagnant ,with her back towards me.

" Tony you can't be maaad. You woke me up an hour early today, and you know how grouchy I am if I don't get all my rest. You sprayed silly string all over me, and in my hair. It's taken me three hours to get it out. And I fell on my ass while chasing you outside this morning and got asked if I was homeless because of how I looked. So why the hell are you so upset?" I grow irritated , and just tell her exactly what I'm feeling.

Things become silent except for New York's activity. Pedestrians, traffic, and all the industry it contains.

Tony begins laughing . She does for about a minute straight without stopping. I just stare at her feeling salty. She wipes tears from her eyes and starts to slap her knee.

"You know whaa..", I turn back inside the house ready to lock the door once again.

" I wish you would lock me out again. Do it, I dare you." Tony speaks in a voice that sends shivers down my spine. I low key was scared so I just left the door open and froze.