Chapter 31

October 29,2017
Nokia's Apartment
The next day

Nokia

     "This is my place...make yourself at home while I go get changed." I look back at Solána as she stares around at my place.

Today we had agreed to work on the project at my place instead of the library. Because the library was way too strict for me. I ain't have time for no saggy titty librarian to be telling me what to do.

Solána sits down on the couch and I take that as my cue to leave. I walk in my room, and begin looking through my closet.

I grab a tshirt and some basketball shorts, and change into them. Once I'm done I look at myself in my bedroom mirror.

I smooth my hair and clothes out, then wink at myself, exiting the room.

I walk into the living room and Solána sits on the couch with her hands folded over her lap, and her legs crossed.

" The hell you look so tense for ?" I chuckle , while looking at her. She snaps out of her daze, turning to me.

" Uh..today just been a long day. I'm fine though." She sends me a forced smile.

" Well if you want to talk about it you can." I offer, shrugging my shoulders. I sit next to her on the couch.

" Oh it's fine, I don't want to worry you with my life. Thanks for caring though."

I snort. " Who said I cared?" She looks at me wide eyes and with her mouth hanging open.

I bust out laughing, and she just looks on with a salty expression.

" Your so mean. Why did you even ask?" She huffs and puffs as she scoots away from on the couch. She crosses her arms and look away from me.

" Relax I'm playing , I actually do care. You're my friend kinda. Even though I barely know you." I nudge my shoulder against hers.

"I'm your friend ?" She asks with an expression that makes me nervous.

" Yeah...I mean that's if you want me to be." I scratch the back of my head, with a nervous facial expression on my face.

" Hmmm...let me think about that." Solána says with a tone laced with amusement. She taps her chin with her finger.

"You know what fuck it, forget I said it." I feel disappointed but not surprised. I mean what could I expect. She was Solána, I was Nokia. Why would she want to be friends with me?

" Guess what though?I like the sound of us being friends." Solána touches my arm, making me look her in the eye.

Her long lashes flutter over her brown eyes as she blinks. Her freckles lay along her face like stars in the night sky. A single curl lays on her forehead , unmoved. And her luscious lips form a smile I could never get tired of seeing.

Damn, this girl is beautiful. Really beautiful.

I snap out of my thoughts, and clear my throat as I feel my cheeks heating up.

" Let's get to work...friend." I grab one of her curls, making it spring up.

* * * *

" Man I'm hungryyy." I prop my arms behind my body, and stretch my legs out. Books are all sprawled out on my living room floor, with papers and writing utensils.