Chapter 29

October 28, 2017
Julliard School

  Nokia

I brought my skateboard to a halt as I reached my destination. I brung my hands up to my face, warming them with my breath.

     It was mad chilly outside since we were well into fall. Orange, red, and yellow leaves decorated the ground.  The strong, gusty winds made it even chillier.

   I loved my skateboard and riding the subway ,but it's becoming too cold to be out in this weather. I had been saving up for a car, and if everything went as planned I would have one by winter.

     I looked up at the apartment building before making my way in.

   The inside had dim lights, and graffiti is scattered over the walls. I hear shouting and loud music from the apartments.

       At the bottom of the stairs lays a man, who seems to be sleep. His big coat covers his face and a smell of urine comes from him.

    I sigh to myself as I stand in front of him. I cover my nose, not able to endure his unpleasant smell.

    I push him with my foot, but he stays stagnant. All that comes from him is moans and groans.

      "Yo, move out the way of the stairs. People need to get through."

     He grunts and his body turns in my direction. He looks me in my eyes, with his lips turned up.

    "Man fuck you, I sleep where the hell I want. Respect ya damn elder." He gets up and walks to a corner in the building, where he lays down.

     " Aight you better watch what you sayin. Imma give ya homeless ass a bath." I look over him one more time before going up the stairs.

    I walk to the end of the hall to apartment 210. From the outside you can hear loud rock music, and yelling.

    I roll my eyes, knocking on the door. The door slides open and I'm met with one of  my regular customers, Pete.

" Well hellooo Nokia, you're just in time." He speaks in his thick British accent.

Pete was from London, but had been living in NY for about a year. I met him at a party, and ever since then he's been my customer.

His pay was good, so I had no problems with him.

Pete's appearance was bold, and he looked like he was a rockstar. His hair was a Mohawk that was now dyed blue.

He had dangling silver earrings today that moved every time he talked. His stature was tall and lanky.

Today he wore a silk shirt that showed his small chest. Eyeliner accentuated his eyes and his septum piercing was complimented by a stud in his nose.

" Are you gonna come in or just stare?" Pete spoke, breaking me out my thoughts.

"Yeah my bad, today been a long day." I say following him inside.

" That's why you need to let loose and party with me one of these days." He gripped my shoulders as he stood behind me.

"Nah I'm good." I say straight faced.

Pete was too wild for me. He tampered in all sorts of drugs when the only thing I used was weed. I didn't need anything stronger than that, I ain't tryna get strung out.

Also one time while I was over Pete's place I witnessed a orgy and they invited me to join. Of course I declined, but it still made me really uncomfortable.