Chapter 42

October 31st
Melanie's Apartment

Nokia

I sit outside Melanie's place full of anxiety, as I sit in my thoughts. I didn't know what tonight would bring. I didn't know what would be said and what would happen, or how I would feel afterwards.

     As much as I had practiced what I wanted to say to her tonight, it still wasn't right. I still had no clue what to say or how to approach the topic.

     It just wasn't something I was used to. I hadn't been serious with someone in forever, so it was hard for me. And the more I begin to think the less I wanted to even deal with it.

    Should I just leave and say something came up ?

    As that thought comes to my head I make a decision. I decide to just say fuck my thoughts, and go with the flow.

     " Look you got this. You gonna tell her how you feel, and she either accept it or not. Stop being a bitch." I take a breath, and place my hands on my steering wheel as I prep talk myself.

   I look at myself one last time in mirror, then I pop a piece of gum in my mouth and spray on some perfume.

   I had borrowed Drew's car to use for the night, so I could come see Melanie. I was lucky I had a friend willing to do that, but I needed to get my own whip soon.

     I exit out the car and into the night. It was dark, except for the streetlights and porch lights. Kids in Halloween costumes were out and going trick or treating. It was pretty chilly out, and about 8 pm.

    I walk faster to get out the cold, and into the building. I check my phone to see what apartment number she said  was hers. 3B.

     I tread up the stairs, looking for her apartment and then I see it. I walk up to the door and take a breath before knocking.

      " Who is iiiittt?" I hear Melanie say in a singsong voice. I smile before answering, "Nokia."

       The door is opened and different aromas make their way out the house, and into the hall. Mmm, what is she cooking?

     I'm met with the sight of a beautiful Melanie too. She has on a tight Halloween T-shirt that accentuate her breasts, and make them look extra perky. She also has on tight jeans that hugs her figure.

     Her hair is in a bun, with a curl hanging out. Her skin is shining, and she has a timid expression on her face. It changes once she makes eye contact with me.

      " I thought you were a trick or treater." She holds her basket of candy up, which explains why she looked so hurried.

      " I can be if you want me to, just depends on the treat you're tryna give." I smirk looking her over, as I shrug my shoulders.

     She rolls her eyes and tries to hide the smile on her face. " Pleaaase, just come inside." She opens the door wider, and steps to the side, allowing me entry.

    I walk in, being welcomed by the warm atmosphere. Food is cooking, the lights are dim, and it looks really nice.

    I take off my coat, and she takes it from my hands, putting it in a closet by the door. She turns around, with her arms over her chest, and just stares at me.

     " So you ain't gonna greet me? You just gonna stand over there and stare at me?" I look at her, curiously.

      " Hello Nokia." She offers back, being a smart ass.  Her arms are still crossed over her chest, and her head is tilted as she looks at me.