Chapter 39

October 31st (Halloween)
Cafeteria

  Solana

    I walk into dance in a shitty mood, still feeling miserable.

I was ready to use dance as an outlet. I needed to release some stress, and the frustration I was feeling.

   I was feeling so much tension in my mind, and body. I just needed to forget my thoughts for awhile and be in the moment.

Seeing Nokia with that girl really fucked with me internally. I couldn't turn my rapid thoughts off, and I was really overwhelmed by all the hypotheticals.

     And the saddest thing is I don't know why. I don't like her , and don't feel anything for her. So what was this? Why was she taking over my thoughts?

      I push my thoughts to the back of my mind, feeling defeated. I walk into the dance room, going towards the dressing room not sparing anyone a glance.

      I ignored the chatter from my peers and just went in the dressing room, changing into my dance attire. I didn't even look at myself in the mirror, that's how fucked up I was feeling.

    I walk out the dressing room, and experimental music is playing. A couple of my peers are warming up ,while the rest are talking among themselves or either waiting in line to use the dressing room.

     Today I decide  I don't want to be bothered or deal with my teacher's attitude. So I make my way into one of the smaller dance rooms, not really caring if I get in trouble or not.

        I feel much more relaxed as I'm welcomed by the silence of the room. All the sound and commotion in the other room seems far away , and muffled. Like background noise.

      I breath in a sigh of relief before I begin to stretch. I warm up my torso, legs, arms, and neck. Trying to release as much tension as I can.

     After awhile I decide I'm ready to dance, and practice the routine I'd been working on. I plug my phone up to the portable speaker, and adjust the volume.

        I look in the mirror at my figure clad in a leotard, stockings, and dance shoes. My face looks emotionless, and I smile a little to make myself feel better. A stray curl lays on my forehead , and I smile again. Content with myself.

       I press play on my phone and the sound of Gambino's , " Feel Like Summer", seeps through the room. A feeling stirs in me and settles beneath my stomach as I take in the rhythmic beat and the distinct sounds.

       I wait for him to start singing and just sway side to side till he does.

   You can feel it in the streets
On a day like this, the heat
It feel like summer
I feel like summer
I feel like summer

    You can feel it in the streets
On a day like this, the heat
I feel like summer (ey)
She feel like summer
This feel like summer
I feel like summer

I move my hips and thrall my hands in the air dramatically, but in time with the beat. I quickly spin and do a pirouette in the air.

    As I touch the ground I sway my hands in front of me in a gracious manner, and do a couple more spins.

     I stomp my feet and kick my left foot in the air, letting the music take over me. I feel myself sweat as I continue to dance, but I don't slow down.

   I continue dancing , becoming one with the music and letting it take me somewhere beyond my surroudings. Beyond my mind. Beyond Earth. Like an outer body experience.