Chapter 17

Nokia
October 18, 2017
The Same Night...

I walked into the kitchen and over to the large table, that contained a punch bowl and other liquor. I grabbed two cups and poured the punch into them.

I turned around and began walking ,right before I bumped into someone. The impact of me and the person sent the drinks flying all over me and them.

I looked up and was met with a very familiar face, Solána.

What is she doing here?

Her mouth was wide open as she looked down at the spilled contents on her fit.

I prepared myself for whatever she would say. I had never encountered her so I don't know if she was bitchy or not, but her reputation said otherwise.

"Yooo, my bad, I didn't even see you." I say as I look at her wide eyed.

She seems to still be lost as she just continues to look down at her fit .

" No that was my fault, I was walking in your direction and ran right into you. I'm sorry." She says.

I'm surprised, not expecting to hear that , and ponder it for a minute.

She's right. She did run into me but I ran into her also.

" Well we ran into each other actually." I say matter of factly.

" Who cares, let's just clean up." She goes into the kitchen grabbing different things out the cabinets.

"Where the hell are the napkins?" She mumbles to herself as she looks through the cabinets.

She notices there on the top shelf in the cabinet. She reaches for them and tries to hop up to get them, but miserably fails because of her height.

I laugh to myself as I come up behind her, grabbing the napkins on the top shelf.

She turns around quickly ,and we're so close that our lips and noses are almost touching. We stare into each other's faces, breathing heavily.

I take the time to soak in all her features. Her thick hair is straightened, which I'd never seen her do before.

I peep that she has freckles all along her face and a mole on her top lip.

I stare at her lips noticing how big they are.

I look into her eyes that are big and innocent, noticing the light brown specks in them.

She looks up at me, as if she's in awe. She stares so deeply as if she's trying to look into my soul. And I decided I'd let her, if she wanted to.

"Umm...thank you. For the napkins that is." I break out my trance as I hear her soft voice. She breaks away from me, and turns her back to me, as she fidgets getting the napkins open.

I stare at her some more . " No problem. It's the least I could do."

I come up behind her grabbing a couple napkins and began cleaning my own jacket. A silence comes over us as we both busy ourself with cleaning the stains out our clothes.

     " It won't...come out." Solána scrubs hard at the stain on her jacket. Her face carries a frustrated expression.

  "No don't do that. That will only make it worse." I say as I come beside her.

   "Let me see." I take the napkin from her and pour a little soap on it, and then begin to pat the stain on the jacket.

    I take this time to study the jacket. It was a long, black one with green fur around the cuffs. I'd never seen anything like it. It looked like something out of a fashion magazine.