Chapter 1

Solána in MM

Solána
October 13, 2017

" Girl get up we're be gonna be late ! We overslept, once again." I quickly got out of bed, and began to haul ass.

  This was the second time this week me and my roommate, Tony, had overslept.

  If we didn't make it to class on time, the teachers would lock their doors, and we wouldn't be able to attend at all.

   Yes, they were that strict. And I knew I couldn't afford to miss one rehearsal or speech. Each one was vital to me passing.

   I valued school, seeing as I had big goals and aspirations. Education was a key component in me achieving these goals.

   I also had a lot of pressure from my mom , she  was the one who afforded my hefty tuition.

  I definitely couldn't pay for it. I worked part time, and barely could afford to take care of myself.

  My mama would beat me with a switch if she felt like she was wasting her hard earned money on me.

   Lord, knows I don't need that.

" Helloooo...earth to Lana....we kinda um, have this thing called school to go to."  Tony said, waving her hands in my face.

  To be honest, I had spaced out and forgot our circumstances, something I tend to do in the morning.

  I mean what can I say, I be needing a minute to adjust.

   " Oh shit, you're right ! Hurry, and move the hell out of my way." I pushed past her, to look through my closet for something to wear.

  " Well...excuuuuse the hell out of me for being a good friend, and trying to avoid yo ass missin class. " Tony said, attitude dripping in her tone.

   I could bet money she had her hand propped up on her hip, and her face all distorted, in an attempt to mean mug me.

  I briefly looked over my shoulder, and she looked exactly how I knew she would. I knew this girl like the back of my hand, probably better than she knew herself.

  She was 1 out of 3 of my best friends. We've known each other since diapers, and she had become more of a sister.

  An annoying one. But who was I kidding I loved Tony's , loud , over the top, dramatic ass. Even though she was irresponsible as hell. Like now.

  " It's your fault since you were supposed to set an alarm, for us to wake up bright and early." I gave her a look, over my shoulder.

  " I did, my ringer wasn't on." She blurted out, sucking her teeth after.

   Lame was Tony's first name. Her middle name was, Ass. And excuses was definitely her last name.  Lame. Ass. Excuses.

  She  gave an excuse for everything. She just couldn't admit she was irresponsible.

  The only reason I didn't use my own phone, was because it had been tripping for awhile . I barely turned it on. It would overheat, and just turn off anyway.

  I wouldn't be able to get a new one until I received my paycheck at the end of the week.

  " Mhmmm. Another one of your excuses. I bet if you was expecting a call from one of them lil, hood rat niggas you talk to, ya ringer would for certain be on, and you'd wake your ass up right away."