Chapter 44

October 31st
Some House Party

Nokia

     Thirty minutes later I pull up to the address where the party was being held. I had been invited by a friend I used to skate and do drugs with way back when. Her name was Jackie and she was your typical goth. Dark and Weird. But those were my people. Always down for a good time.

When she had invited me at first, I told her I'd think about it .but since I had nothing to do and had Solána with me why not? Why end the night young?

Plus I was determined to show Solána a good time since she had been having such a bad day and not in the best mood. I felt bad, and like I was responsible for cheering her up after she had told me about what had happened with her boyfriend.

After seeing her like that I just wanted to make her forget about all her stress and put her precious smile back on her face, even if it was just for a night.

I knew the guy was a bitch nigga from the moment I had met him. He didn't even have to speak for me to read him. That's why I didn't know what Solána seen in him and why she even continued with this guy. I don't know what facade he put up for her, but I could see right through his bullshit.

I didn't know much about their relationship but from what I'd seen he was a jerk, and tonight had further proven my point. But I wasn't tripping, he was just weakening his relationship with Solána which would give someone else the opportunity to get with her.

Who wouldn't want to? She was fine as hell and sweet when she wanted to be. She could have anyone she wanted yet she wanted that nigga. But I knew if he continued how he was, she was gonna dump his ass.

So he better get it together for I steal his girl... I smirk at that thought.

It seemed like we were getting back on good terms and she was getting more comfortable with me. I guess my persistence was finally paying off, and something would become of me and Solána.

Just when I was ready to give in and she had closed herself off from me. I guess what was different now is I actually was getting attached to her and starting to care, and not pursuing her for the wrong things and in the way I usually pursued other girls.

And for her she was starting to let me in and trust me more. Instead of fighting me off. And I liked it. Everything was calm for once and not all chaotic how it usually is with us. This may be the start of something. I don't know what, but this could be something.

I enjoyed her company and our budding "friendship" but I know I wanted her beyond that. I don't know if it was possible though. So I would just take my time and approach her differently, and be her friend...for now.

My thoughts go to Melanie and I freeze up. It's like I had forgotten all about her and the time I'd spent with her. And the things we talked about. We had basically solidified working towards a relationship. Yet here I was with Solána, and my feelings for her.

I didn't know what this meant or what I was supposed to do, but I just knew I wasn't committing myself fully to Melanie or the pursuit of Solána. If things didn't work out with Solána, I think I would be ready to commit to Melanie. And if things ain't work out with Melanie , I would continue to pursue Solána. I got this, I know what I'm doing.

It's crazy how I'd went from being a person who practiced non attachment and now was feeling two girls at once. They both had a pull over me that I couldn't deny or resist. And I would allow it to lead me wherever. I just hoped things didn't get too messy...