Chapter 48

Nov. 1st
Solána's Apartment

Nokia

" Welp, that's the last of it." I say as I pick up the remaining trash in the house.

I plop down on Solána's couch ,and breathe out a sigh of relief as I eye her now clean home.

We had been cleaning for what felt like hours all thanks to her friend, Tony.

Who threw a house party, allowing the house to be trashed, and leaving it for Solána to pick up.

It made sense though after Solána had told me about their previous pranks. They had been going back and forth, but it looks like Tony had taken the cake.

I would never want to be on her bad side.

" Finally." Solána says exasperatedly, as she plops down beside me. I side eye her from my view, smiling.

This girl was growing on me more and more, and so much had happened in the short time I'd known her.

We hadn't even been with each other a full 24 hrs and we had experienced enough events, and excitement to last us a lifetime.

A bomb ass party that included a shooting. Her getting wasted there and me reciting one of my raps for the first time in front of people.

Us hanging out at a children's park and being idiots. Her trying her first honey bun. Us eating at McDonald's at 3 am and us almost kissing...

Yes, us almost kissing. I still didn't know how I felt about it. Was it because she was drunk? Is she attracted to me? Was she actually even trying to kiss me?

It made things so much more confusing. This whole time she had been telling me she wasn't gay. Her sexuality was the whole point of conflict for us, and the reason we had fell out. She was so adamant about her sexuality and refused to be labeled gay.

Why would she do all that if she was attracted to me? But then again, Why was she giving mixed signals? It just didn't make sense and everything seemed to contradict with her. She was saying one thing but doing the next.

So I wouldn't think too much of the kiss or get my hopes up, only to have her deny it. I didn't plan on confronting her, and would just forget it.

I was content with the way we were and didn't want to ruin it.

Even though I wanted it to happen and it seemed to confirm what I knew deep down...

" Thank you so much, I don't know how I would have done all this without you." Solána says smiling at me. I smirk.

" Yeah, yeah." I wave her off, stretching my arm out behind the couch.

" I'll make it up to you, I promise." She says, quietly. I finally look at her. She looks at me with innocent , puppy dog eyes. I'm such a sucker for this girl. Why the hell is she so cute?

" Mhmm." I mumble as I rest my eyes. As I do I feel her body nestle into mine. She rests her head on my chest as her small body cuddles up against mine.

" I see someone's getting comfortable with me." I comment, looking down at Solána laying on me.

She doesn't respond but just continues to lay on me. I decide to tease her.

" Just yesterday it was 'leave me alone, I don't want to talk to you, don't touch me.' Now you can't stay away from me and I'm your favorite person." I smirk down at her.