Chapter 41

October 31st
Solána's Apartment

Solána

It was now a couple hours after school, and I was preparing for the "get together" Marcus had invited me to. I really didn't want to go and wasn't in the best mood, but I knew I had already agreed.

Marcus would be in his feelings if I changed my mind. And I really didn't want to deal with it. So despite my bad ass mood, I was gonna go with him and hopefully have a good time and feel better.

Being around Marcus always cheered me up, he always knew how to make me feel better. I hoped he could do that today.

Today had been a bad day, and a day I just wanted to leave behind me. I was feeling and experiencing a lot of things that were new and strange to me.

And to be honest I didn't know how to deal with it, or even want to deal with it.

All I could do was avoid it. But at the same time the build up would make things even worse, and cause me to explode. I didn't know what to do.

And all of it was because of her....

I shake the thought as mental pictures of her fill my head, and I feel myself getting frustrated all over again. I don't know what it is about her.

She kept getting me worked up and bringing me out of character. I always was chill, and never lost my cool. But she just knew how to hit this nerve in me.

If she wasn't doing that she was making me nervous, and act shy. But I wasn't like that with other people. I'm usually always confident and in control. But with her all that went out the window.

What was this???

I break out my thoughts when I look at myself in the mirror realizing  I have a scowl on my face. I sigh, and shake it off, continuing to work on my hair.

My phone then bings with a message, and I pick it up to read it.

Marcus : Babe, I'll be there in like 20 minutes. Be ready.😉

I roll my eyes, not even in the mood to respond. I just continue getting ready. I curl my hair and style it as time passes.

I finish putting my now wavy  hair, into a high ponytail with a scrunchie,leaving the back out. I also decide to wear bangs out in the front.

I get up, ready to put on my outfit. I was only in my underwear since I was wearing a shirt that I was going braless with.

I put on my blue bralette and try to fasten it in the back, and get frustrated. So I just sigh and put on my green camo pants.

I decided to change out the outfit I wore earlier to school for something more comfortable, plus the heels I wore were killing my feet.

After I slide on my pants I attempt to secure my tank again. " Let's try this again."

" Solána..." I turn around quickly, as I hear my name being called, and my door being opened. I panic until I realize it's just Marcus.

" Omg, shit Marcus you scared me. You can't just be barging in on me like that."

I clutch my bra over my chest, covering up as I try to calm down and control my heart beat.

" I know baby I'm sorry, I do it all the time. It's a habit." Marcus says look guilty, with a half smile on his face.

" Yeah well you need to break that habit." I say. I cringe when I realize how snappy I sound, but then decide it's too late to take it back.

" Damn babe, I said I was sorry. Why you being like that?" Marcus says frowning at me.