Chapter 3

(Solána in MM 😍😍)

Solána POV
October 13, 2017

  I blinked pulling me out of my raging thoughts ,  and pushed a piece of curly behind my ear. I got up from my vanity grabbing my backpack,my phone,my dance shoes ,and headphones.

I hurried out of my room going into our pantry grabbing a wild berry poptart ,before Tony came out of her room in one of my hoodies. I decided not to address the issue since we were slightly late.

   We heard Nyema's loud horn and music from our second story apartment. We both rushed out of the apartment locking the door.

We ran down the concrete stairs hopping in Nyema's cherry red corvette that looked so 80's yet modern and sleek.

Nyema was spoiled rotten by her parents, at times she was bratty and too boujee. I think that's how I earned my reputation of being boujee, when in actuality I was the 2nd chillest.

The person that took the award of chillest person was Rayne. All she really did was smoke and remain calm in the most stressful situations.

   She was sitting next to me in the back of the car. She looked over at me, and took her headphones out before speaking.

"Hey Sosa and Toni" Rayne said in her calm, level tone. "Hey Rayne" Toni simply said before pulling out a makeup bag out of her 'Pink' bag.

   Nyema roughly pulled out of the parking spot making all of us jerk backwards then forward as she sped out of the apartment gates.

That was another thing about Nyema she was always trying to kill us in a car accident.

"Well damn I don't get a damn good morning, fuck y'all too" Nyema said sarcastically before rolling her eyes. Tony and I rolled our eyes before saying in unison, "HELLO NYEMA!" She smiled saying, "Hey guys."  

I laughed rolling my eyes before putting my earbuds in my ear turning some music on while  I was in my thoughts.

   I was in my second year of school at one of New York's most prestigious arts school, the infamous Juilliard. I majored in dance and music. The two were a breeze, since I naturally had a talent for both of them.

When my mom discovered my abilities at a young age, she put me in every lesson you could think of. Singing. Dance. Piano. Ballet. So trust me when I say I had skills.

The only thing that was a hassle was the extra classes I had to take to meet the criteria of each major. Music theory. History of Dance. And drama, which was beyond me.

I was there to dance and sing, not practice to become a damn Real Housewife.Once I paid a visit to the guidance counselor, I found out they had misplaced me.

   And I wouldn't be able to switch classes till next semester when there was more class openings. I just had to ride it out for now.

   My mom was very involved in my education seeing as she paid for it. She set high expectations for me , which sometimes caused me to be frustrated.

   I know she wanted the best for me though.

She wants me to become a music teacher, or something of the sort. When in reality, I had other plans.

   Music was a passion of mine, and I wanted to pursue it. I wanted to make music , then share it with the world. I mean why not make a career out of something, I loved?

But of course, my mom thought different. She said I was being silly, and my dream was too far fetched.

   My friends didn't outright say it, but they said things that implied, I had my head in the clouds.

For right now, I just disregarded the future. Lived day by day. I can't decide which path was right.

Should I go with my heart, that was overflowed with a passion for a dream? Or my mind the more rational aspect of myself?

I can't answer that. Because I don't have the answer.

My thoughts were crashed by the bing which interrupted my music temporarily. I looked at my phone seeing a text from Marcus.

Marcus ☺️💕: You coming to my game, bae?

Solána 😏❤️: Maybe. 😂😉

  Marcus , my boyfriend, was a football player at a neighboring university a couple of miles of away from Juilliard. He had the whole dream of getting drafted to the NFL.

Marcus and I had met at a party when I was in high school. We had been together since I was 16.

He approached me at the party and we ended up exchanging numbers.The rest is history.

Most of the time I would show up at his games if I wasn't busy but school work was starting to add up.

Not to mention my mom's worried calls about her monitoring my gpa.

Every couple of days my mom would plan these surprise calls where she'd lecture me on my grades and how if I kept slacking that'd mess up my future.

Typical shit.

Before I had knew it we were at Julliard and all getting out the car leaving Nyema to park somewhere in the area.

My first class was Music Theory. Definitely wasn't one of my favorites.

One thing that was nice about Juilliard was the amount of black people that went here. It was the true definition of black excellence.

I always saw a black girl or boy walking around and I could just look at them and smile at them to say we're in this together.

I quickly said bye to Rayne and Tony walking into the large class walking to a empty seat pulling out my journal to take notes in. After a while I started getting bored and people watching.

I watched a girl with a fro tap her pencil in a repetitive motion with headphones in her ear.
A recorder was sitting next to her with a red light blinking every two seconds. She stretched out her body yawning a little.

I focused my eyes back on the professor and the board full of notes making me sigh loudly. A hour and thirty more minutes of this left of music theory.

Wassup, Wassup, Wassssssssup *read in Martin's voice*
Anyyyyywho, I've finally published my half of the work. I'm a slow writer with being busy on top of that so just bare with me. I'm ready for this book and what Moonie and I have to offer for this book. Luvvv you guys❤️

        -Issa_poet ((Kendra))⚡️

  ((Tony down below)) 👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾