Chapter 12

Nokia

A couple days later
October 15, 2017
Drew's Apartment

"Yoo... we should go somewhere. I'm bored." Drew, said as she sat on her bed, throwing a ball in the air.

  I sat on the end of it, with one headphone in , bobbing to Slipknot.

   Amber sat in Drew's computer chair spinning around in it.

     " Yeah we should. Where y'all want to go?" I ask.

   We had been sitting in Drew's room doing practically nothing for the past three hours. We needed a move.

   " Let's go get some food, and go to the court, play some ball." Amber spoke.

    " That's cool. You down?" I looked over at Drew.

     "You know it."

We all put on our coats and got ready to go out the door, before Drew's little brother bust in the door.

     "Madre said you need to wash the dishes." Juan says.

In the living room you can hear yelling and crying, and the sound of feet running across the carpeted floor.

    Drew has a big, Latin family that consists of 7 kids, her being one of the oldest. The house was always rowdy and messy, thanks to the kids.

Drew's mom was old and a single parent, which left Drew with the obligation to be a second parent.

   Most of the time she was cleaning the house, or babysitting her younger siblings. She has a lot of responsibility.

    " Hell naaah...I just did em. You do em, el feo. All these damn kids." Drew fuss.

"Okay then, mama gonna give you a pow pow." Juan says munching on chips , getting it all over Drew's carpet.

" Ayy, you getting that shit all on my floor. Be careful."

"Or what ?", he challenged.

" I'm gonna slap you, you puta." She scolded.

He ran out the room yelling. "Mamaaa...Diamond said she's gonna hit me. And she's cursin."

Drew stomps into the kitchen, as we follow. Her mom is at the counter wrapping tamales and preparing soup.

Ms. Garcia is a short, chubby Mexican lady with long hair that stops at her butt. Her face was full of creases and wrinkles from old age, but she still was beautiful.

She always made sure her children were taken care of , and that they stayed outta trouble.

She was nice to me and always gave me a plate of food to go home with. I sometimes wished she was my mom.

But then I remembered all her rowdy ass kids...

" Mama , I'm not washin dishes, I just did it yesterday. Make Juan or Pedro do it. Or Leah." Drew fusses.

"Ok mija, ok." Ms. Garcia rubs her hand through Drew hair.

" Ok. Ma, I'm boutta leave." Drew says kissing her mom on the cheek.

"Where? You stay out of trouble. I cook food, are you hungry?" She looked over at Drew with a worried expression.

" We going to get food and play basketball. I promise I'll be back mama."

" Ok, ok. Come home on time." She scolds.

She hugs her and then waves bye to me and Amber.