Chapter 50

Nov 3rd
After School
Some Store...
Nokia

" How do I look?" I look up from my phone at Melanie who was in a red dress ,that showed all her curves.

She stands in front of me, posing in the dress. Looking at me expectantly ,for an answer.

" You look great, baby." I say, eyeing her body ,lustfully.

" But..." I trail, looking her over as she arches her eyebrow, with her hand on her hip, waiting for an answer.

" It look good, but it's showing too much. And I don't want to beat one of them old white fucks up at ya job." I tease, smirking at her.

She rolls her eyes with a smile on her face.
" Whatever Nokia." As she goes back in the dressing room I look at her backside. Damn.

After school Melanie had invited me to go dress shopping with her. She had just got hired to be a writer, for an up and coming magazine in New York.

They were having some type of orientation, welcoming party for the new employees and Melanie wanted to make a good first impression.

She had invited me to help her pick a dress, and for a second opinion. I didn't mind. I was excited for her, and knew how much this job meant to her, and how passionate she was about journalism.

Just like I was about poetry, we both had that in common. Making me like her even more.

Plus I missed her and had been wanting to see her, and spend time with her since we were interrupted on Halloween. Solána.

I tense up as she comes to mind. For some reason I felt guilty and like I was doing something wrong by being with Melanie. And it was obvious I had feelings for both of them.

But I wasn't. I was technically still single and me and Solána were just friends. So I had no reason to feel bad, right?

I sigh deciding to shake the thoughts from my head and focus on the present moment and what I was here to do.

Spend time with Melanie, and help her find the right dress.

I was really no help though. To me ,she looked good in every dress ,and all I did was drool over how good she looked.

" How about this one? I don't know I think it looks too conservative and boring." She comes out looking unsure, and does a turn showing me the dress.

I look for a bit. " You look good to me." I shrug my shoulders, being truthful. The dress was simple but she still managed to make it look good and like it was all that.

She rolls her eyes. " You say everything looks good, I can't even trust your opinion anymore." She walks back into the dressing room ,dramatically.

I chuckle at her antics. " They do, I ain't lying. What you want me to say?" I ask, scrolling through my insta feed. She doesn't respond.

After awhile she walks back out. "Ok this is the last one, what do you think? I like it, but I don't know." She asks nervously, as she walks out. I look up and I'm taken back at how beautiful she looks.

" Yeah, that's the one. You look great baby." I smile, looking up at her starstruck.

She smiles contentedly, smoothing out the dress. " Ok, come help me take it off." She pulls me up by my hand, dragging me inside the dressing room.

I stand behind her as she looks at her self in the mirror, continuing to scrutinize the dress. I wrap my arms around her, putting my head in the crook of her neck.