Chapter 14

3 days later
October 18, 2017
Nokia's Apartment
Evening

Nokia

" I'll be there to pick you up in an hour, be ready."

" Alright. I gotchu." I got off the phone with Drew and began to prepare for the party. It's tonight and I don't know how to feel about it. Should I be excited or neutral? I don't know.

I went inside my bathroom starting the shower water. I adjusted the knob, till I felt like it was hot enough.

As the shower water ran, I stood in front of the mirror, and gazed at my appearance. I was dressed in a bra and sleeper pants, with my hair in a sloppy bun.

     I turned on the sink and began to brush my teeth and then used a cleanser on my face. I  braided my hair into big sections.

    I would keep the braids up till after my shower. The braids just helped make my hair curly.

   I got inside the shower and scrubbed away, getting lost in my thoughts.

  What if the car breaks down on the way there?

  What if niggas start wildin ,and it be a shooting?

   What if I get into a fight with someone?

   I could dwell on what if's all I want , but I'm going to the party regardless. Long as I stayed lowkey with my crew, it would be a nice time.

   It's not like I don't go to parties and get out. I was known for being a party goer and having a good time. So what's the problem now ?

  That was the thing. I usually went to parties where it was a scene I fit into. Goth people, druggies, and all around distinctive people. Alternatives.

   Not the parties with hyper masculine jocks ,and conceited girls who think they're too good for everyone.

   This party would be filled with people like that.

I'm just going to have a good time regardless. I plan to smoke , drink , dance , and hopefully find someone to take home.

    I got out the shower, dried off, and went into my room. I lotioned up and put on my boxers and bra.

    I begin taking down my hair and it had taken to its curly form. I added a little product to define it even more.

   I walked over to my little closet and began to scan through my clothes. I threw things that I would potentially wear on my bed.

   When I was done , I walked back over to my bed and looked at my choices. My final decision ends up being a tank top, with ripped jeans, and a pink bomber.

Once I'm dressed I finish the outfit off with my thick, black combat boots and a white bandana. I also put on my Destiny nameplate that I had got from my mom before she passed.

She died of a drug overdose when I was four and the nameplate is what she gave me a year before her passing. My brother also had one identical to mine.

    I valued it, it was the only thing of my mom I had left. I usually only wear it on special occasions, but tonight I thought why not?

       Ring. Ring. Riiiiing.

   I rushed to my dresser and pick my ringing phone up.

" We outside, Destiny. You ready ?" I heard on the other line.

"Hell yea. I'll be down in a few."

"Straight." Drew says.

"Nah , gay my nigga." I say being a headass.

"Wha- Nokie just bring yo goofy ass on." She says laughing.

" Aight. Peace." "Peace."

Lets do this.

* * * *

"Y'all want to smoke a blunt before we go up in there?" Drew's boyfriend , Calvin, asks.

We had brought him along since he invited us first ,and went to the college.

Calvin is a cool nigga. He treats my girl right, and stays with gas. I have no complaints.

" Hell yeah. Let's light one." I say from the back of the truck.

I smoke weed almost everyday. It levels me out, and calms my nerves, and today I hadn't smoked none, so I was itching to roll one.

   " Baby...roll this for me." He hands Drew the blunt, and bag of weed.

    Drew begins to roll it, and lights it up when she's finished. She hits the blunt first, as a cloud of smoke leaves her mouth.

    She passes it to Calvin after she gets a few puffs in.

"So who's all gonna be at this party? ", I ask him.

He hits the blunt and furrows his thin eyebrows.

"Umm...people from Howard, Julliard, and maybe some peeps from NYU and of course Thompson. That's what I'm guessin."

"I feel you." I consider what he says.

Finally he passes the blunt back to us, and I motion for him to give it to Amber first.

"I see you did your makeup Drew. That's rare." I say ,with a fake shocked expression on my face.

"Had to look good for my baby." She leans over and starts kissing Calvin. They tongue each other down like dogs for what seems like forever.

   "That's enough kids." I say, cringing with the blunt in my mouth.

    "Shut up Nokia, with ya single ass." Drew looks back at me.

    By the time we finish the blunt off, my high is in full effect and I no longer can remember why I was so hesitant to go to the party.

   I feel chilled out and more optimistic about the event.

     " Let's go have a good time." I say as we all exit the car.

But would it be?

Hey kiddos, another chapter. 😊I'm droppin em like hot plates. 🕺🏿🕺🏿But it's good, I got a wave of motivation, and felt like it's time to speed things up.

Let me go write some more. Peace. 🌺 Arieaja

 🌺 Arieaja