Chapter 40

October 31st
Julliard (Cafeteria)

Nokia

Third hour ends and I make my way to the lunchroom among other hungry college students. I walk in being hit with the aroma of all the different food places.

My mouth waters and I feel my stomach growl. It was around noon and I was more than ready to eat. I decide to go to Chick Fil A for lunch. I make my way through the swarm of students , ready to indulge in a good meal.

The lunchroom is extra noisy today. Everyone seems to have more energy and be in better moods, most likely because of Halloween. I was in a pretty good mood too. Excited to see what the rest of the day would bring.

       " Welcome to Chick Fil A, what can I get for you today?" I look up at the employee , who is awaiting my response.

     The expression on her face almost makes me want to laugh. Her smile looks forced , and she looks as tense as a statue. You could tell she didn't want to be here.

      " Uhh I'll have the crispy chicken sandwich meal with waffle fries, and an Arnold Palmer." I reply back smoothly already knowing what I want.

      She rings me up and then I wait on the side for my food. About five minutes later it comes. I thank the worker and begin to find somewhere to sit.

    I look around for my friends and then I spot them sitting at a circle table , eating and talking to each other. I smirk and make my way in that direction.

     " What's up bitchesss." I greet Drew , and Amber as I sit down. They stop talking and look up at me dumbly.

      " What's up you bum?" Drew smirks at me, and puts her hand out and we dap each other up. I also give Amber dap.

We all begin to eat our lunch, and then began conversating. " So did you make any plans for tonight ? Or are you coming to the club?" Drew looks up at me curiously.

I smirk as I think about my plans for tonight. " Yep actually I did .Mel invited me over, so we gonna chill or whatever. Just stay at her house." I shrug my shoulders.

Drew looks at me with her face scrunched up for a good minute.

" What nigga? Why you lookin at me like that?" I raise my eyebrows at her chuckling, as I take another bite out of my sandwich.

" Yo. You mean to tell me outta all the options in the world tonight that's what you doing? You could be partying, and doing anything else. Yet you want to stay over some chick's house. That's lame as hell, my nigga." Drew shakes her head at me, as she gives her thoughts on my plans for tonight.

I roll my eyes. " Nigga shut up I can do that shit any other time, it's not like I'm gonna be missing out on anything really."

" Are you serious, the fuck you are! You know what, I don't even care do what you want. While we getting turnt at the club you gone be tied up with some damn female. Your loss." Drew shrugs.

" She must really have some good pussy for you to be staying in and tryna chill with her."

I clear my throat because suddenly it feels dry. I avert my gaze from my friends getting nervous. They knew me better than anyone, which means they know how I am with females.

They know I'm not the type to get attached ,and I don't chill with girls if it's not about sex. But I hadn't yet told them about Melanie, and how she had me feeling ways. Or how we had just been chilling without sex.