For All It's Worth

There were many things she found irresistible about Robin Hood of Locksley. Things that, after all the time she had spent with him, never ceased to be boring- like the beat of his heart. That remained a constant pleasure to her, even through all the bad, even through all the dark times. His smile was another thing- it was tricky to explain, but Regina felt as though he were challenging her, persuading her even, to become the person he knew her to be. And she loved it. She loved feeling loved.

"You know, I never asked you if you wanted a baby or not," Regina mused, glancing down at him, her arm propped against his chest. "I didn't even tell you. You just came back and... There our baby was."

Somehow, his hands found their way to her stomach, remembering all the sweet memories.

"I like surprises," Robin countered, "and it was such a good surprise. I love her more than anything. Watching her grow up, seeing you be a mother to her, it's everything I could ever ask for."

Regina smiled, resting her head back on his chest. "Well I'm glad. I don't know what I would do without you raising her with me. Same with Roland and Henry."

"We make a pretty good team. An outlaw and a queen, who knew." He cracked a grin when he recalled how hilarious it was patronizing Henry's little friend about coming to the wedding with him. Knowing how sensitive it would be telling his fiancé about their son's potential girlfriend, Robin decided to keep it on the down low- at least until the wedding was over.

"But I don't understand why Roland is so upset. He won't talk to me about it. I'm assuming he knows..."

"Honey, if you're not going to change your mind about the situation, you can't expect him to be happy about it." He answered bluntly. He had accepted the fact that she was entitled to her own opinion, although the consequences would probably be long lasting.

"I just wish he would talk to me. If he's sad for the wedding, I don't know I'll do."

Keeping his arms wrapped around her body securely, Robin glanced up at the ceiling. "How can he be sad during our wedding? You worry too much."

Perhaps he was right, maybe be one day he would get past it. But her heart was still heavy with concern.

"We can talk to him more about it here in a moment if you want. Granny's getting back to me about food, Ruby's coming over for last minute practice with the boys, and Killian just texted me to say that Emma wants to start moving in with him today. So... Big day."

Regina groaned, her voice muffled by his shirt. "Can't we just stay in bed all day?"

"Let's get married first."

--

Meanwhile, at the bed and breakfast, Neal seemed to be doing a thousand things at once- stress was attacking him from all sides; Tink was coming over for yet another breakfast date, and he was far from ready. This date was going to be different from the rest of them, though. Neal had made up his mind; before the royal wedding, (as everyone in town was calling it) he was going to tell the fairy how he felt about her.

Although he wasn't the best chef in the world, Neal tried to do as best he could to make a decent breakfast. His stress was directing towards his cooking, resulting in five cooked sausages, scrambled eggs, and an attempt at an omelet. Neal was so caught up in making sure everything was perfect, he didn't take any notice to Tinkerbell coming through the apartment door.

Glancing about the area around her, the blonde smiled when she saw Neal hard at work in the kitchen.

"Finally trying breakfast on your own for a chance?" She asked, enjoying the surprised look on his face.