Meeting Caroline

"Really, I'm fine," she persisted when they tried to give her more painkillers. They made her nauseous, and she didn't want to feel worse instead of better. "What are they doing to do with her?"

Blue was carrying her daughter away. It was then she realized that she hadn't been more than a foot away from her until then, and it made her uneasy.

"We have to give her a few shots," Whale explained, "just to make sure her immune system is in check."

They had replaced her stained dress with an unruly hospital gown, one Regina Mills did not want to be caught dead in.

"They're all here waiting for you- they have been for hours now. All of them are relieved that you're alright." He explained, ubdoubtable sarcasm in his voice.

Regina was surprised by this. They all truly cared about her, so much that they all came to see the baby. It all seemed too good to be true.

"Right now, you just need to close your eyes," he said, turning towards the machine to her right. "You'll feel drowsy here in a few seconds. Just count backwards from ten, and let yourself slip under. We'll wake you up when she gets hungry again."
His words seemed to become like echoes in her mind.

The new addition to your family will bring you even more joy.

--

Roland leapt into his father's arms when he saw him. He had never been more scared in his life, not since their last day or two in the Enchanted Forest. The boy was under the impression that his mother was going to die, and his little sister would freeze by the time anyone got to them. But Robin reassured him again and again that they were both fine, and that they were both excited to see him again.

"Can we go see her?" Henry asked, finally shrugging away from Neal's side.

Exchanging a glance with Nova, Robin nodded. "Come on then. Just be quiet and listen to me when I tell you to do something."

Both boys nodded, and Robin bent down to pick up Roland.

"Wait, can we see her too?" Snow asked, Ruby, Will, and Charming alongside her.

Robin found himself in a tight spot. Yes, they were family, but he wasn't in the mood for crowds. He wanted to spend time with his sons, his fiancé, and his child- no one more. But, of course, he couldn't have that right now.

"I guess," he finally replied. In his mental absence, Killian, Neal, and Tinkerbell had joined them.

Caroline was placed on top of a small examination table, having just received three shots from Mother Superior. She was now dressed in a small white onesie with a pink hat covering her head. Once everyone saw her, the squeals began.

"Oh my goodness! She's so precious!" Ruby almost yelled, before getting a firm nudge by both Snow and Robin.

"Sorry," she whispered, though the noise already made the baby squirm her little legs as she glanced up at all the new faces.

Henry peered down at her, his eyes filled with wonder. He gently rubbed his fingers along the sole of her tiny foot.

"I wanna see her," Roland whispered up at Robin, tugging at his shirt. He took hold of his arms and lifted him up.

The boy was welcomed by a pair of sleepy brown eyes on a small face.

"What's her name?" Snow asked, near tears as she took in every inch of the new baby. She was so absolutely perfect in every way.

Robin took a deep breath. "Caroline. Regina wanted to give her a name that fit in both this realm and the Enchanted Forest." He then shrugged. "We both liked it."