Christmas Time is Here (Part 2)

As things wound down at the Hood-Mills residence, the family soon found themselves exhausted. The house was in complete disarray, but Regina couldn't care less. She was still entirely mesmerized by the beautiful work of art she got for a present. Sure, she got plenty of other things, like a heap of new maternity clothes and decorations for the house, but once she saw the nursery, all of those things melted away. It was exciting envisioning her daughter lying down in her crib, or rocking her until she fell asleep in her arms. The nursery made everything seem so real, so close to happening.

"Are you going to stay in here for forever?" Will asked, seeing her in the same place she had been when he last checked up on her. "Roland passed out on the table. He was determined to start his coloring, but the party really made him exhausted. He and Alex were running around trying to hand snacks to everyone before dinner."

Regina smiled. "Yeah, I saw him every once in a while." She then noticed the red hat he had on top of his head. "I see Ruby is already trying to accessorize you." She said, gesturing to the hat.

"What, you don't like it?"

"It makes you look like a gang member! Trust me, I don't follow her fashion sense all the time." Regina laughed.

Will gave her a sour look, taking it off and bunching it in his hands. "Doesn't matter, it's the thought that counts, right?"

Deciding to let that one go, she attempted to get herself back on her feet, with no success. So she held out her arms towards him, giving him a dangerously pervasive glance with her eyes. Will pulled her up to her feet.

"You know, I never got a chance to give you your present," he said with a sly smile, reaching into his back pocket.

"I really don't need any more presents, I got so many things today that I don't even know what to do with." Regina told him, being completely honest. Everyone, everyone, had given her something at the party.

He gave her a look. "Oh come on, you're my sister!"

He preceded to pull out his phone and hand it to her.

"You're giving me... Your phone? I already have one, doof."

"No," he chuckled, "when you gave Robin those picture frames, I realized that you and I really haven't taken a picture together."

His words were so simple, yet so shocking. "Really? Not one picture?"

"Nope. Sad, isn't it?"

Will then transformed his phone into a full functioning camera.

"Why do I have a feeling you waited until I was fat and ugly to take these pictures?"

He held the phone up to their height and started snapping picture after picture. Regina barely had time to blink between each interval.

"You're an idiot, you know that?" She shot him a smile as she began filing through the long list, noticing his questionable facial expressions.

"Well, what do you expect?" Will asked innocently, "now we have pictures. I can put them in a few frames and- bam! Memories!"

Regina laughed, pulling him into a tight hug. "Perfect Christmas present. Thank you so much Will."

"Anytime. The more pictures the better, right?"

She couldn't agree more with that statement.

"Anyways, I probably should be getting home. Granny doesn't like people coming through the front door after ten. I swear, she has ears like a hawk."