Road to Recovery

Though it was early in the morning, there wasn't a single soul in the hotel they were in that didn't hear the word "shit!" exclaimed from the upper half of the building.

Regina was staring in horror at her cellphone screen, reading through all the texts she had sent the precious night. In that moment, she wished she could be anything but alive.

Regina: I miss my baby!

Robin: She misses you too, Sweetheart. Having fun?

Regina: My head hurts... I miss my babyyyy

Robin: You'll see her tomorrow! Is... Everything okay over there?"

Regina: No! Emma dances like a crazy person.

Robin: You're not drinking... Are you?

Regina: Mayybeee... You'll never know. Can you come over here and bring Caroline?

Robin: You're in another state, dear. So... No.

Regina: you're no fun!

Robin: and I'd loose my memories. You better be careful getting back to your hotel.

Regina: no! I'm a rebel now!

She had to put her phone underneath her pillow to keep from reading more of the conversation. Her life was practically in shambles before her- she felt like crying.

"Oh God... It's too early..." Emma muttered, rolling on her side with her eyes still closed. Regina figured she was facing the same kind of symptoms she was. Her head felt like a pure pound of lead. Nausea took her over completely, making every movement send more dizziness throughout her body. They had to go back that day, back home. All she wanted to do was stay in bed and sleep.

"I know it sucks, but we gotta get up," she heard Emma say, pushing the bedsheets off of her and rolling out of bed. "We can grab some aspirin from a drug store."

Instead of Regina ordering the blonde to do things, it was the other way around. The woman merely moaned precariously as Emma nudged her body with her foot.

"There is no way I'm driving like this," she muttered into her pillow, bitterly remembering the time when she was hungover in the Enchanted Forest.

Emma groaned irritably. "You're the one that wants to get home so badly! Robin needs you back, Henry and Roland need you back... Most of all, your daughter needs you. If you don't get back to Storybrooke soon I think Mary Margret will try and take in Caroline as her own."

She knew she was needed back at home, but her body simply refused to comply with her mind. "I... I can't come home like this. What will Henry and Roland think?"

Letting out a heavy sigh, Regina attempted to sit up, her hand up to her head.

"Why did you even make me take that royal whatever shot?"

"Uh, that was all you. I said before we went in that you could just be there to help me out. I don't even remember half of the stuff that went on last night." Emma shot back mockingly, taking a pair of sunglasses off the table and sliding them onto her face. "Now take a cold shower so you don't smell like alcohol. Then we can pack up, grab some pain mess, and head out before the traffic gets bad."

The savior had dealt with hangovers many times before. It never got any easier, though, she tried to come out confident for Regina's sake. In under forty minutes, both women were dressed and ready for the outside world. She may have seemed calm and collected on the outside, but inside, Regina could feel her head throbbing and her heart racing.