Trust

"Wait, slow down," Robin sighed, confused at her flustered look, "is something wrong with Caroline?"

Regina didn't even know how to respond. A million things were swirling around her head like a cyclone, making her feel faint. "I- I think she has magic," she stuttered, trying hard to regain her breath. "I saw her use magic right in front of me. We have to call Whale... Right now."

His eyes narrowed as he tried to comprehend what she was saying. "Magic? How does that even work? Is it... Hereditary?"

"I, I don't know," Regina sighed, starting for the phone.

Robin took the omelet off the stove and turned off the heat before heading upstairs to check on his daughter. She was still on top of her changing table, the front buttons on her onesie still undone from where Regina had left her.

"How come you didn't tell us you have magic?" He asked gently, doing up the buttons. It was hard to picture his little baby girl doing any sort of magic; but he knew Regina wouldn't dream up something like that.

Picking her up in his arms, Robin headed back downstairs.

"Whale, I'm serious- she used magic right in front of me! You have to come down here right now!"

There was a slight pause on the other end of the phone. "I honestly don't see why this is such a big deal," the doctor admitted, "magic is something that's hard to work with. It's a good thing she has it, because not many people do."

She clenched her teeth together hotly, trying hard not to lash out on him. "My daughter has magic inside of her! Your tests didn't catch that, didn't they? I can't live without knowing she's perfectly okay."

"Fine, I'll be there in a few minutes," Whale sighed, hanging up the phone and grabbing the keys to his car.

Regina leaned her body against the counter, feeling hot tears begin to form in her eyes. Her fiancé gave her a sympathetic look as he slowly rocked their baby in his arms.

"I don't understand why you're so worked up about this," he said calmly, choosing his words carefully. "What's so bad about her having magic?"

Slowly turning around, she gave her daughter a long, hard look, transfixed on the pure innocence in her eyes.

"Because magic is power," she began, rather shakily, "it ruined my life because I had it tempting me. We... We were fine without it, Robin, we were happy. I don't want to take that chance."

He let out a heavy sigh, hating to see the pained look in her eyes. "I get it. But you don't need to be scared, because I'll be right here with you. Whether we want to accept it or not, Caroline has magic, and there's nothing we can do about that. You just need to have more trust in yourself," he added softly, waiting until he caught her eyes before continuing, "because I trust you."

Giving him a tender smile, she stepped forward and kissed him softly, never wanting to let him go.

Next thing both of them knew, there was a knock at the door. Regina walked swiftly towards the door, opening it up to reveal Doctor Whale and non other than Rumplestiltskin himself in the thawing outside world.

"I came as fast as I could," the doctor explained, looking completely frozen in his simple white hospital coat.

She couldn't help but give Rumple a slightly odd look as she allowed him inside, wondering why in the world he was there with him.

"You took me up on the offer really fast," he remarked, gazing around her house as she led them towards the living room, "I honestly didn't think you'd have any questions. You seem like you know what you're doing."