Capturing the Moment

Things were finally quieting down at the hospital. It was getting late; the sun had set long ago, causing everyone to begin heading home, little by little, until they were all gone. The roads were still deplorable, but most of them had walked there anyways- it was all worth it to see Regina so happy.

Not that he was trying to be rude, but Robin really didn't want everyone there in the first place. He got that they were concerned; Regina needed the comfort of them being there as well, but he just wasn't in the mood for talking to everyone. All he needed right then was his immediate family.

"You're getting tired, aren't you?" Will asked, the yawn coming from his nephew not going unnoticed. Henry gave him a look.

"No, I'm just ready to see Caroline again," he replied. Secretly, he loved saying his little sister's name- it felt so new to him.

"When can we see Mommy?" Roland asked, perking up slightly.

It felt rather lonely being the only few people in the hospital, besides the nurses and Whale. Will had control over both boys while Robin checked up on Regina and the baby again, so he sat the two of them down on the hard metal chairs of the food preparation room and forced them to eat something so they wouldn't starve.

"When your dad says it's okay," he explained, "they have your mom under all sorts of drugs- she's been knocked out for at least a solid two hours."

Henry sighed, seeming more interested in his overripe apple than anything else. He was beyond bored; hospitals were just plain uninteresting. He remembered when he had last been there, when he had taken that sleeping curse. Those weren't good memories, mostly because they reminded him of the time when he hated his mom, and wanted Emma to be his one and only mom. But that was a long time ago.

"Roland, why don't you close your eyes, you can see her tomorrow," Will said gently, seeing the boys head was about to fall limply onto the table like a doll.

The child shook his head. "I have to see Mommy."

Will rolled his eyes. "Fine, but you're going to pass out soon. Don't be surprised if we leave you on the floor while we all go home."

That put a horrified look on his face. "No! If Henry can stay up late, so can I."

They could argue for hours. Will understood he wanted to see her, but this was getting a tad ridiculous. Well, so was giving birth in the back of a diner. The whole idea made him not want to eat there for the rest of his life- though he would never tell Ruby that.

Will just knew that if Regina didn't wake up soon, he was going to have a riot on his hands.

--

Whale had just finished taking her off the painkillers she had been on for hours, leaving them both with the reassurance that their child was right in the next room, ready for another feeding whenever Regina was ready. Or, rather, awake.

Robin originally planned to check up on the boys, but he quickly became transfixed by how precious Regina looked asleep on that hospital bed. Her hair stood out sharply against the crisp white sheets, falling past her shoulder in a braid and framing her face perfectly. Snow had came in and touched up her hair before she left with David, insisting that the first pictures they took with Caroline had to be perfect when they decided to take them.

Robin had sat himself down in the only chair in the room, simply staring at her while lost in thought.

In fact, Robin was so out of it, he didn't even notice Granny come in behind him.

"She's still asleep?" She asked, causing him to jump. When she saw him whip around with an undeniable startled look on his face, she held back a laugh.