Decisions

The journey across the field was an extremely long one. Emma had to give Robin props for running all the way there earlier that morning; the heat was slowly wearing her down- she just hoped she was heading in the right direction.

Emma was beyond relieved that both Snow and Charming finally brought up the idea of going back home. Nobody really wanted to bring up the topic for fear they would be offended or something. Despite Emma and Henry, who grew up in the real world, they had spent their lives there. She missed her coffee maker, her warm bed, and, most of all, cable television. There was nothing fun about going to the bathroom in a hole in the ground.

As she trudged across the field, she narrowed her eyes, seeing something odd off in the distance. Concentrating harder on it, Emma soon realized that the object was actually a small person- Roland.

"Hey, what are you doing out here by yourself?" She called towards him, catching his attention almost instantly. Instead of yelling back a response, he started off towards her.

"I went to my friend's house," he replied, just about out of breath when he slowed down next to her.

It didn't take long for Emma to slowly out two and two together with that information. "So you left Robin and Regina alone in your house?"

The boy nodded. "Is that a bad thing? Will they be lonely without me there?"

Emma couldn't help but let out a laugh. "Depends on how you look at it kid- and I'm sure they're coping just fine."

They finished walking the short distance to the house together, soon both staring at the wooden door in front of them. Emma spent a few seconds debating whether or not she should do the right thing or not- she quickly chose the option that would humiliate Regina the most.

"Okay kid, bang on the door and call for your dad... Loudly, so they can hear you."

Roland wore a confused look on his face. "Why can't they hear me?"

"Just do it," Emma retorted, rather excited to see how this would play out.

"Daddy! Regina! I'm home!" Roland shouted, banging both fists against the door.

Inside, the two jumped out of Robin's bed faster than both thought possible, throwing clothes at one another and swearing in hushed whispers. Regina tossed Robin his shirt and got down on her knees to search for her own beneath the bed.

"Go, answer the damn door," she told him, nearly shoving him towards the exit of the room. He stumbled across the foyer and made it to the door, swinging it open to silence the constant banging.

"Hey Roland, wasn't expecting you back so soon." Robin said, sending Emma a scowl as soon as he ran past him.

"And wasn't expecting company at all," he muttered, making Emma have to retain a grin.

"Look, I'm sorry- really am."

"Miss Swan what do you think you're doing here?" Demanded Regina, who was running her hands through her hair as she walked briskly towards the door.

"There's something... Important we need to discuss with everyone," Emma started off slowly, "Snow wanted me to get you three as soon as possible."

Regina folded her arms crossly; an all important discussion wasn't something she planned on. But if it had to be done, there wasn't anything she could do about it.

"What's this all about?"

"Let's just... Wait to talk about it until we get there." The blonde replied.

Rolling her eyes, Regina took Roland's hand. "Do you want to try getting us there?"

Emma shook her head. "If I tried we would probably end up back in Neverland."