All That Matters

When Robin arrived at the house, he was met by an array of pink balloons- pink everywhere, really. He couldn't have been more confused.

"What went on in here?"

Regina glanced up from her pile of presents to meet his eyes. "Ruby threw me a spur of the moment baby shower," she told him, gesturing towards the presents.

Sitting down next to her on the couch, Robin wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "And.. What's this?" He asked, picking up the present that was closest to her.

"That would be a breast pump," she said, earning a surprised look from her fiancé. "Granny got it for me- the baby has to get milk somehow."

He let out a laugh. "I suppose she does. So you were able to pull off this party without me?"

Regina nodded. "I don't know how we did it, but either way it was fun. We got so many new toys and clothes for her."

"That's amazing, we need all the help we can get. Where were the boys during all of this?"

Getting out her phone, she checked the messages she had gotten from Will. "They're over at the park now," Regina told him, "Will's still looking after them."

It was about four in the afternoon. Work had been fairly calm and easygoing for Robin, though he wanted nothing more than to come home to spend time with Regina and their kids.

"Well, it's a nice day today," he began, "why don't we head down to the park and see what they're up to?"

Regina sighed. "It's freezing outside Robin, why can't we just stay inside, where it's warm."

"Because you can't possibly stay cooped up in this house forever," he said back, almost instantly, "and it's nice and sunny out there."

He very well knew how self conscious she had gotten recently over her body.

"Who came to this baby shower, Ruby, Belle, Snow, and Emma, right? They're your friends, they don't care what you look like."

"There are still people that talk," Regina persisted, "people still give me looks. They make me feel dirty inside- I hate it."

The panic showing through her brown eyes made Robin pity her. "If they have anything to say about you, or our baby, they can talk to me about it. We're just like they are."

She shook her head, tears begging for release in her eyes. "But we're not like them; we can never be like everyone else. I've done too much for them to forgive me; I'm the evil queen who's pregnant with a common thief's baby, nothing will ever change that."

He was holding her more tightly then, scared she would simply give out at any moment.

"If they think that, then they're the villains," Robin said firmly, "they don't know the real you, the Regina I fell in love with. You've been nothing but kind to everyone, and that's all you can do. If they decide to like you or not, well, that's their decision."

Blinking away her tears, Regina closed her eyes and allowed herself to become completely encompassed by his arms. "I just wish it weren't so hard to be happy." She said simply.

"I know," Robin replied, running his fingers through her hair soothingly. "But we have each other, and our family, and our friends. That's enough."

Regina couldn't help but smile. He was completely right.

"I know what will make you feel better," he said, "spending time with our boys. They never fail to cheer you up."

Gently cupping the side of his face with her hand, her smile brightened. "You never fail to cheer me up Robin."