Glimmer of Hope

Will was both excited and nervous to start his first official babysitting gig with his two newfound nephews. Excited because he wanted to get to know his brother's children, but nervous, considering the fact that he had never really been around children before. Not since he was one.

"Are you sure you have everything down?" Regina asked, concern resonating from her voice.

Will played it off like he knew what he was doing. "Yeah, sure- feed them and entertain them. Got it."

"I don't want you cooking anything, I'm pretty sure you'll burn my house down. There's some ice cream in the fridge of they get hungry. But I should only be gone two hours at most."

To him, she was taking things way too far. How little confidence did she have in him? She was only going to another doctor's appointment, not leaving the country.

"Will you just get out of here already? I can handle two kids just fine."

Regina gave him a look, but didn't say anything for a reply. Roland and Henry both hugged her goodbye, and she once again drilled all the safety procedures and emergency numbers into their minds.

"Have fun with Will," she told them, waiting until the man was out of range before whispering, "if he does anything stupid, you tell me when I get back."

"Yeah yeah, I will." Henry said, putting his arm around Roland, "what happens at your doctor appointments anyways?"

Regina shrugged. "It's just to make sure the baby is healthy. Now, I really should be going. Will, I'm trusting you with my kids, don't you dare mess this up-"

"I got it! Now go!" He said impatiently, practically pushing her out the door.

Once she was officially gone, Will was greeted by four pairs of anxious eyes.

"So. What do you guys want to do?"

They both shrugged.

Will didn't think babysitting would be that tough.

"I could use help unpacking my stuff, you guys wanna help?"

And that's how the first half hour went. Henry and Roland would rip open the boxes and handed the contents to Will, who quickly found a place in the room for every single item. It didn't take much to realize that the man didn't have a lot of things. The things he did have all looked out of place, like he acquired all his items at completely different places.

"You have a lot of magazines," Henry said, beginning to file through the large stack that took up most of the space in the box.

"Don't look at those!" Will quickly leaned over and grabbed the box from him. "They're... Special."

The boy gave him a look. "They're motorcycles, what's so special about those?"

Will took the stack and placed them on the top shelf of his closet. "What kind of guy are you, not liking motorcycles?"

"I like them Will!" Roland chipped in, even though he wasn't sure what they were exactly.

"See, Roland's on my side." Will told him sarcastically, before gently taking out his outdated Playstation gaming system.

"I like video games though!" Henry said, "can we play some?"

"Oh look at you being rebellious. We're pretty much done with my junk, I guess we could pick out something to play. I got Call of Duty three and four, Grand Theft Auto, and a couple zombie slaying ones."

Henry looked blank. "Do you... Have any Mario Games?"

Will almost laughed, but then he realized he was serious. "Never really got into those." He gathered the games and the Playstation in his arms and started for the door. "I can teach you how to play. Pretty easy."